𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜 - festival

"Neith." A voice from behind her speaks sternly. Although it's familiar, it echoes through the spaced out room, bookshelves heeding the words without startle."A goddess of war." Technoblade engrosses as he throws the the bulky book on the table like it's useless, the table trembling from sheer force.

He had turned a cold shoulder last night, leaving goosebumps on show. Visibly, as the blizzard continued the night before his body had stiffened, and his eyes narrowed. His words became sharp and short. It was not necessarily transmitted to Phil on purpose, but that where it landed. He had just a slight jealous streak.

The action startled even her the tiniest amount, her eyes flitting to the book as open as begging palms. And her eyes scanned over the stories, over the photo of the Egyptian goddess. And her nimble fingers grazed the rough pages, pointing as if the specific scene had been repeated many times.
"Egyptian." It was sufficient, he understood what they meant.

Now, what would Technoblade be without his dreary sigh and meticulous eye roll.
"Obviously for the warrior part." he says, sentence purposely drawn out to highlight the weariness within his syllables.

He took a seat, adjusting his wooden chair at an angle towards Eun, who didn't even flinch at the close proximity he allowed himself. She never adjusted back.

It had been long indeed. Long enough for Technoblade to feet somewhat comfortable—and trust him, that's an achievement.

But before the look in his eye that says 'I-have-a-question' can produce itself into words, the top half of her body twists, and her eyes daggers into his, and she asks,
"Why does this have you by the neck Technoblade?" It's annoying she thinks, how ever so curious he is about anything. Well, it doesn't exactly bother Eun when it doesn't involve her.

He purses his lips promptly.
"It doesn't." he says, his mouth without saliva.
"I try to understand people, thats all."

And yes, Eun knows that, but she doesn't wish to be understood. And she knows that those who aim to understand, carry the burden of misunderstanding themselves.

He takes her silence and speaks his words.
"Where are you from?" he asks, un-subconsciously leaning away from her. His fingers seem to toy idly with his rings too.

   "East asia," she says, a certain familiarity sparking with her mismatched irises. "as were my parents." She stopped to look at him pointedly. "I thought it was apparent by my reflection."

"I don't like assuming." he replies back.

"Ah."

Then there's a silence that overwhelmed them again, but Technoblde has one elbow on the table, his face leaning into his palm, and he's looking at her like some sort of schoolgirl, pining over the attention of a boy who definitely didn't exactly have time.

       "What language did you speak earlier?" He's curious today, Eun notes, but she answers relentless.

       "Probably a mix of two."

He raises an eyebrow.
       "Which two?"

So Eun explains the ancestry, the intricate line of heritage to here she lay alive. Her explanation winded through her homeland. Which was in fact known to Technoblade as, 'a village'. She further explained which languages she spoke, which were : Japanese and Korean, each one stemming from a different parents and as the conversation comes to an end, Technoblade asks,:

"Will you return?"

Curiousity did not murder him, but the expression worn like an overly expressive mask could have. Relentless, her tone is soft, the question to which she replies: an answer from the very depths of her soul;

"I will avenge."

___________________

little fun fact, 'Neith' was a potential full-time name for Eun. But since i fancied the name so much, i made it their nickname.

Also the exciting parts are on their way, so be on the look out!!!