Chapter 16: I get very conpetitive in Scrabble

Andromeda

Once we get back to the compound, I help Christina get Rosa María settled into the children's rooms. A nanny promises a very anxious Christina that she'll be fine, and that all the children are heading out to a safe zone further east.

Christina kisses Rosa María goodbye, and I take her up to our common room.

I bribed Cae with hugs for him to do all the paperwork, so for now Christina and I just have to pick out furniture and bond before game night.

"So, where am I going to be staying?" Christina asks looking around the common room. We've just recently gotten another couch and chair for the living room, as well as more furniture for the dining room and walls.

"Well, I was thinking you could stay in my room, because most of the other girls are already rooming together." I reply, leading her over to my door.

I have a desk and chair pushed up against one wall by the window, and my fluffy bed with its grey comforter and overflowing pillows is next to a hanging egg-shaped chair in the corner. Theres two, large, grey dressers pushed up against the far wall by the bathroom door. I have several bookshelves against the wall, most of them filled to the brim. The walls are mostly empty, but they're a pretty blue-grey shade that makes it look more open.

"Sit down anywhere," I say to Christina, gesturing her inside. I grab my laptop, squeeze in beside her on the bed, and together we search for furniture, clothing, weapons, training gear, and common necessities.
—————————————————-
After the better part of 3 hours, a loud knock on the door tells us its time for game night. Its our first game night with the new additions to our team, and Im excited to see if theres any good players. It'll definitely be a treat to see the looks on their faces when they realize how cutthroat Saura and I can get.

Christina and I join everyone at the table, me taking my spot at the head across from Sebastian. Caelum decided to give up his spot and sit on my right instead tonight, across from Christina, who's on my left.

First up is Uno, simple enough to start us off. Alcohol is forbidden during game night, after Lyra and Leo got drunk off their asses and cheated in Monopoly together. Above the table. After grabbing the money from Caelum, the bank, and yelling at each other to be discreet.

"Booyah! +2 on a +2 Christina! Suck it!" I shout gleefully, slapping my card down. She sticks her tongue out at me, and places *gasp* another +2 down.

"Booyah! Suck it Andy!" She mocks, and play passes to Lyra. The +2s keep adding up until theres 6 on the table facing Sebastian.

He nervously looks at the cards, then his hand, then the cards again. Liz plays another +2, and he groans.

"Noooooooooo!" He wails, and picks up all 14 of his cards. The rest of us die laughing, Alex and Liz especially.

The games continue late into the night, until only one final challenge remains: Scrabble.

Sebastian and I are almost tied for wins, with Saura and Liz also having a few. Christina and Cae won charades together, and Leo won Settlers of Catan, surprisingly.

"Its a battle to the death," I say dramatically, drawing my tiles, while looking Sebastian straight in the eyes. The only ones playing now are me, Sebastian, Caelum, Saura, and Alex. Christina tapped out after the last game, claiming permanent brain damage from too many games.

We play slowly, carefully planning our words and laying down tiles. Finally, we end the game and count our points.

I hold my breath as Leo announces the winner.

"AND THE WINNER IS.... ANDY!!!!" Leo roars, pulling my hand up like in a wrestling match. I let go and do a little happy dance, Leo putting a fake crown on my head to celebrate my victory.

I pull Sebastian into my dance, and Christina, and eventually its all of us dancing to no music but having the time of our lives.

It lasts for a good 5 minutes before we all collapse in a mess of sweaty, tangled, exhausted limbs. I pull Christina up and drop her into my room, before heading into Cae's for the night. Her bed still hasnt come in, and I dont have an extra.

These are the days, I think to myself, these are the days

Oop short chapter, but I had to rewrite all of it because OF STUPID WATTPAD-

Anyways, my baby Leo is in here more than necessary because I love him. NOT ANDY HAVING TRUST ISSUES BUT LIKE ADOPTING CHRISTINA LMFAO-

Anyways like 12 people added this to their reading list and somebody actually commented so I had a lil squealing fit with my bestie today

LOVE: Alexandra Waterwings