Chapter 7

"Chief, you're not hearing me. She planned this."

Flip is trailing Bridges around the bullpen.

"Zimmerman, what motive could she possibly have to get arrested?"

"I don't know but I have to find out. We have to. Her crew isn't the type to get arrested by accident. She pulled her gun on me first. I'm sure of it."

They get to his desk where Ron is sitting. "I think Chief is right, man. I mean, we got the candy, the footage, and now her. They're just getting sloppy. Besides, what kind of person purposefully gets arrested?"

Flip runs a hand over his goatee, taking a breath.

"Where is she now?" asks Bridges.

"Holding cell," says Ron. He motions to the closed-off section of the floor behind glass doors. You're lying on your back on the bench with your elbow hanging over your eyes.

It's the morning after the gas station debacle. Flip had a revelation last night that she must have planned to get arrested. He woke up a sweaty mess at 3 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. He arrived here early to pitch his theory to Ron.

He was riding an ego boost all of yesterday after capturing one of the 'ghosts'. However good that was, there was an inkling in the back of his mind that it was easier than it should have been.
You don't appear stressed and it's making Flip anxious.

"I came over here to tell the both of you that the FBI is sending a team, now that it appears we have one of the crew," says the chief.

Before yesterday, Flip would have gladly accepted any kind of help he could get. But now, he wants to be the one to see the look on your face when you realize you've lost.

===============================

They have benches from hell as well. Who knew?

You had the dream again last night. Woke up last night in a panic and fell off the bench. Seriously, who built these to only be like three inches wide. You couldn't get back to sleep. The thudding steps still echoed in your mind well into the morning.

The holding cell you're in is closed off to the main area by a glass door and wall. Being by yourself is so boring.

You raise your elbow off of your eyes. Turning your head to the right, you get a view of Detective Asshole talking to two others. He's a lot taller than both of them. Your eyes meet his and you give him your meanest stare. He looks away. Hah.

You close your eyes again. The flash drive is digging into your skin. It's sewn into your bra strap. It's uncomfortable. Only the bare bones of a flash drive. You didn't think it would be such a pain in your back.

The detective sitting down gets up and walks towards the cell. You sit up. He opens the door and approaches.

"Detective Bitch Ass not gonna come get me?"

He looks up at you. "I'm Flip's partner, Detective Ron Stallworth. At your service."

"So kind," you say in the most sarcastic tone you can manage.

He unlocks the door, coming in with a set of handcuffs.

Once you enter the bullpen being pushed by Ron, everyone turns and looks towards you. No women around. Figures. Actually, it's better. You'd be worried if a woman was handling your case. Men are idiots.

You get to the interrogation room you were in yesterday.

"Any chance I could get a blanket?" you ask as Ron leads you to the table.