2

This place might as well be Hogwarts because when he gets there, he is left with his mouth hanging open. This place is... hell, it's cool. Cool. Louis feels that's the right way to describe it. Ugh, Louis is not good with words.

There's a main building that's bigger than the rest, with the red brick showing, which Louis likes, nothing covering it means nothing to hide, and Louis likes the truth. There's a bunch of other smaller buildings surrounding it, same style. The thing that makes it different is that is covered in graffiti. But not the kind of graffiti 15-year-olds do to "question authority" or whatever those little shits tell themselves as an excuse to vandalize public property, spray painting dicks on walls and cuss words on benches, which, don't get him wrong, Louis appreciates it as much as anyone, he listens to 60s music for god's sake. But that's not the right way to do it, questioning the government and society and all that. A penis on a wall doesn't send a message of any kind, other than the classic "hey, look at me, I'm an immature prick, male genitals are funny". No. If you're gonna spray paint some walls, do it right. "Like this" Louis thinks as he looks at the building.

The walls are covered with portraits of famous actors, musicians, activists and historical figures, famous quotes, messages of peace, beautiful abstract symbols, song lyrics... Honestly, it looks like the inside of Louis' brain.

The campus is also full of green spaces, large extensions of grass, with a bunch of flowers and some trees here and there that... oh, okay, are painted in different colours.

"This is actually a painting by Paul Gauguin" Louis mumbles as he starts walking towards the main building, climbing the steps until he makes it to the door.

He gets to the counter, where a girl with bubble gum pink hair is talking on the phone. As he waits, he takes a look around and, turns out, this place is as incredible on the inside as it is on the outside. 

Louis sees there are dozens of paintings hanging on the walls, from every single time period Louis has had the pleasure to learn about. There're a few he doesn't recognize, so he assumes the students themselves are responsible for those. And they are all so good Louis seriously wonders what the fuck he's doing here. Because Louis will never be as good. He's not as talented. Louis doesn't belong here, he'll never keep up or be good enough.

"Hi, may I help you?" a voice interrupts Louis' self-deprecating thoughts.

"Eermmm...yeah. Yes. Sorry" he finally snaps out of it "I'm new here? I got a full scholarship for the visual arts degree. I'm Louis Tomlinson," he says awkwardly. The pink-haired girl just smiles and nods, while checking something on her computer.

"Ah, yes, congratulations Louis, only a few get it every year. My name is Anne-Marie by the way" she says happily " All the freshmen are arriving today at different times, so the introductory guided tour around campus won't be until tomorrow morning. Is anybody here with you?" Louis shakes his head immediately. "No" he rushes. And then, sighing deeply "No, just me"

Anne Marie just gives him a knowing look and asks for a bunch of documentation Louis already has ready in the outside pocket of his bag. She sorts everything out, types some stuff on the computer, and takes a key from somewhere under the counter. "There you go. Your roommate hasn't arrived yet. Since the tour isn't until tomorrow, feel free to hang around campus or go to the dorm and unpack or whatever you'd like. The campus cafeteria is quite nice but there's also a cafe down the street where a lot of students like to hang out if you'd prefer". She then points him towards the dorms and the cafeteria. "If you have any other questions,  please know that I'm here".

In all honesty, Louis is feeling a bit overwhelmed. It's just a lot to take in. First of all, roommate? It's not that it comes as a surprise, of course he'd have a roommate. He just hadn't really thought about it. The mere idea of getting out of his home already felt so wonderful he could sleep under a bridge for all he cared. But a roommate...