27

"What are you thinking about?" Louis asks with a low, scratchy voice, almost scared to break the silence in the room. As if that silence was the best dream he's had in over two years and talking meant waking up. Realising that everything that's good is either not real or temporary.

After Louis finished earlier, his back arching and his hand wiping the sweat from his forehead, Harry had let himself fall facing down beside him on the bed as he came down from his high, slowly trying to catch his breath. Harry had smiled at him, draping one arm over Louis' chest and resting his head on the pillow by Louis' head, letting Louis feel his short breaths on his neck. And even though Louis was still too sex hazy to have all his brain faculties in order, it still made his belly all tingly.

Harry hums absentmindedly, running his fingers up and down Louis' arm, probably half asleep. "Running with a backpack is embarrassing" Louis lets out a raspy laugh and feels Harry smile against his shoulder. "Nice voice," he says cheekily.

Louis rolls his eyes. "Shut your mouth, Harry" but when he talks, his voice breaks again, and before he finishes the sentence, Harry is loudly cackling next to him, rolling from his position beside Louis onto his back, making Louis whine at the loss of contact.

Louis glares at him before Harry's laugh dies down, hitting his arm lightly. Harry smiles brightly at that, rolling back onto his side and placing a hand on Louis' chest for support before joining their lips gently in a soft, sweet kiss that Louis is sort of obsessed with. 

"It's okay, I think it's hot" Harry mutters as he pulls away only a few seconds after, Louis grinning at him and his dishevelled hair, the consequence of Louis' fingers running through it just a few minutes ago.

"Well, I mean, judging by what Niall said before, I bet you find everything about me hot" Louis says smugly. Harry just rolls his eyes and removes his hand from Louis' chest, shifting in the bed so he's not touching Louis anymore.

"You're never gonna let me live that one down, are you?" and when Louis shakes his head smiling, Harry sighs and sits up as if to get off the bed, the covers falling at his waist and exposing his tattooed chest Louis could just drool over to be quite honest. 

But Louis doesn't let him get away. Instead, he also sits up, wrapping his arms around Harry's torso and pulling him towards him, falling back on the bed so half of Harry's body is on top of him, his back against Louis' chest and his head on his shoulder.

Harry's hands come to lie on Louis', on top of his own stomach and he feels the boy's whole body relax, letting himself lean into Louis' touch. "I think you're hot too" he whispers against Harry's hair. "And I think it's hot that you find me hot. And I think it's hot that you told Niall" he assures him before Harry shifts to get more comfortable, and Louis can tell that he's smiling.

Louis' arm goes up to lean around Harry's shoulder so the boy can rest his head on it, one leg draped over Louis'. "Hey, these look better" Louis says, grabbing Harry's hand and flipping it over so his inner wrist is on show. Louis likes that he doesn't wear the bracelets anymore when he's with him. He likes that he lets Louis see everything. Even those unpopularly beautiful parts of him that he sadly thinks are unlovable but that Louis cherishes just as much as the rest. Or maybe even more. Because they're the parts Harry has decided are only for Louis.

Harry gives his own scars a small, sad smile. "Yeah..." he says. "It's still hard sometimes, though"

Louis knows that. He knows what it's like feeling a pain that's so violent and wild, so unmanageable, that you need to inflict another kind of pain, one that you can actually keep under control, that you can decide when to stop and when to keep going. The problem is that both of those kinds eventually get mixed up, they amalgamate together until they're a big mass of distress and you can't tell apart the wild one from the one you've harnessed because they both become uncontrollable.