PART 6

Riddhima felt that her life had been shattered. Things had only worsened after Vansh entered her life. She was now on the verge of being married to a complete stranger, within just a day of meeting him. But Sejal mattered more to her than this impending marriage. Vansh's sister Ishani and his younger cousin Aryan completely disapproved of this hastily arranged union. Everyone, including Vansh, seemed to believe that Riddhima was nothing more than a gold digger. It was surprising to Vansh that she had agreed to the marriage so readily. Perhaps Riddhima simply wanted to remain in the VR mansion forever and had no intention of actually going through with the marriage. Alternatively, she could be acting on the orders of some unseen, wealthy man.

Vansh had a clear strategy in mind. He would eliminate this mysterious man as soon as he was identified, doing so right in front of Riddhima's eyes. Vansh chuckled at Riddhima's pretense of innocence, seeing through her deception.

"Why are you spoiling your life when you know Riddhima is a liar, boss? I mean, her trap is so obvious, just like a spider's," Angre remarked as he walked alongside Vansh, helping him choose a sherwani.

"Spiders are indeed naive," Vansh replied, his gaze distant. "But Riddhima is not a spider, she's more like a monarch butterfly. The more captivating they are, the more perilous they can be – not just to others, but even to their predators. We must be extra cautious."

Angre nodded as he selected a beautiful blue sherwani for his boss to wear to the wedding. He couldn't help but feel sorry for Vansh. Vansh was not marrying out of love, but rather being betrayed by the woman he was set to wed. Angre had known Vansh for a very long time, and he had never seen his boss find someone truly trustworthy. Even Vansh's own family members seemed to be plotting against him, driven by greed and a desire for his wealth. Ever since the tragic passing of Vansh's biological mother, he had been left to fend for himself in a cruel world.

These life experiences had hardened Vansh, making him increasingly ruthless and harsh.

As for Riddhima, she was a middle-class orphan who appeared to be scheming against Vansh. While being an orphan was certainly not easy, Riddhima at least had someone to rely on. Vansh, on the other hand, was truly alone despite having a family - a fate that was in many ways even worse.Angre could understand why Vansh had grown so cynical and distrusting over the years. With everyone around him seemingly out to exploit him, it was no wonder Vansh had become so hardened and determined to eliminate any perceived threats, like this mysterious man Riddhima seemed to be connected to. 

Initially, Angre was struck by Riddhima's indomitable spirit and her audacity to engage in conversation with his powerful boss. There was a striking resemblance between her and Vansh's late mother, Uma Raisinghania, the sole woman in Vansh's life who had imparted in him the significance of respecting individuals, particularly women. Uma had always stressed that it was the emotions of people, not their riches, that held true value. In the brief span of their acquaintance, Riddhima unexpectedly stirred memories of Uma within Vansh's heart. Tragically, the locket's revelation acted as a destructive inferno, erasing these tender recollections before they could fully flourish.

Angre watched solemnly as his boss, Vansh, applied the ceremonial vermilion to the parting of Riddhima's hair - a gesture that now made her his lawfully wedded wife. Whoever she truly was, Angre knew he would have to accept her as his new master.

The elders of the VR family had nothing to say, for they had long since learned not to interfere in Vansh's decisions, no matter how sudden or unorthodox they may be. And so, Riddhima was now officially Vansh's wife, the two strangers bound together in matrimony as they received the blessings of the family.

Inwardly, Riddhima's very soul cried out in anguish,
"Where have you put me, Sejal?" She stood still, like a living corpse, overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events.

Meanwhile, Vansh felt a sense of grim satisfaction. Now that Riddhima was his wife, he would be able to reach and eliminate the mysterious betrayer who had sent her to infiltrate his life in the first place. This marriage, born out of suspicion and deception, had become Vansh's means to an end - a way to uncover and destroy the true threat he believed was lurking in the shadows.

"So, the esteemed Mrs. Vansh Raisinghania," he smirked, only to find her once expressive eyes now devoid of emotion.

Silently, Riddhima retreated to her room, a servant's voice echoing after her, "Ma'am! Your belongings have been moved to the master's room. Come, I'll show you the way," he called from the corridor.

Meanwhile, Vansh inquired of Angre, "Any updates on the man?"

"No, sir. It seems he's vanished. He's not in any of the cities, and the police have no record or trace of him in their systems. He's not in this city or Mussoorie. I've engaged our secret agents and hackers to find him," Angre reported.

"Double their payment and ask them to expedite the search," Vansh instructed.

Angre understood that his boss wouldn't rest until he uncovered the enigma surrounding Riddhima's life. Entering his room, Vansh found her weeping uncontrollably.

"You miss your lover, don't you?" he asked, his brow furrowed.

"I told you, I don't know him," Riddhima retorted sharply.

"I've told you, Riddhima, I despise liars."

Standing resolutely, Riddhima replied, "I don't care what you believe about me, but God knows the truth. I don't know the man in the locket. In fact, I had no idea I even had such an item."

Vansh, amused, countered, "Now you're taking an oath on someone who doesn't exist?"

"I'm telling the truth, even if you don't believe in God, I do," she said, pulling a pillow close.

"Think carefully. I'm capable of doing anything to punish betrayal. Confess and save your love."

"I've explained enough...I'm returning to Mussoorie tomorrow," she declared, tugging at the duvet.

"Darling, we're married, albeit in an unconventional way. As Mrs. Vansh Raisinghania, you're now bound to me."

"I know, Mrs. Vansh Raisinghania, the partner of Mr. Vansh Raisinghania, a man who can do anything he pleases. As his wife, I now have the right to exercise my own will. And there's no law that says a wife must stay in her husband's house or remain with her husband. We've already agreed that ours is not a typical marriage."

"Perhaps someone in Mussoorie is eagerly waiting for you. Am I right or am I right?"

Riddhima gazed at Vansh, astonished by his callousness. She had never imagined encountering such a heartless person.