PART15

Kabir was filled with a sense of accomplishment as he received his promotion to the position of Assistant Commissioner of Police. His hard work and dedication had been recognized and appreciated by all. However, his personal mission was far from over. His ultimate goal was to see Vansh Raisinghania behind bars, a goal he was now more determined than ever to achieve.

"But why are you so intent on sending Vansh Raisinghania to jail, boss?" Mishra asked, his hands full of files on serial killers and murderers.

"It's a matter of personal retribution, Mishra," Kabir replied.

"Why not just eliminate him in an encounter? You could provoke him into attacking you, and then you could kill him in self-defense," Mishra suggested.

His suggestion was met with a swift blow to his right cheek, causing it to swell almost instantly.

"Do you even understand who he is? Do you comprehend who I am?" Kabir retorted angrily.

"I am a police officer, sworn to uphold justice, not a murderer. I am Kabir Raisinghania, Vansh's younger brother, the son of Ajay Raisinghania," Kabir declared, his voice echoing in the room.

Mishra was taken aback by this revelation from ACP Kabir.

"But... but..."

"Vansh took away my love... my Ragini..." Kabir confessed, his voice choked with emotion as he slumped onto the table.

"Boss! I mean... how did that happen?" Mishra asked, shocked.

"I have severed all ties with that family. I have nothing to do with them anymore. I had initially thought of using Riddhima, my sister-in-law, against him as I lacked concrete evidence of Ragini's murder. But she's too innocent to be dragged into all of this," Kabir explained, leaning back in his chair.

"I had confessed my feelings to Ragini, and she reciprocated them. But suddenly, she started acting strangely and agreed to marry Vansh, shattering my heart. And then, she was gone..." Kabir's voice rose in anger as he swept everything off the table.

Mishra watched him, feeling a wave of sympathy for his boss.

"You know, Mishra, Ragini was beautiful. She was sweet, calm, gentle, kind, and loving," Kabir reminisced.

"But Vansh destroyed everything... my life... my first love... my everything..." Kabir's voice echoed in the room, filled with a mix of anger and sorrow.

___________________________________

"Boss, do you think Kabir was the one who turned Riddhima against you?" Angre asked, causing Vansh to chuckle.

"Who else could it be?" he responded.

"Boss, I believe Kabir is still not over Ragini," Angre added, leading to more laughter from Vansh.

 "That fool doesn't realize she was playing him. She was already married and only interested in our property. She tried to choose between the Raisinghania brothers. Since Aryan wasn't involved in the business, she won over Kabir's heart and entered the mansion. When she realized I was the decision-maker, she attempted to seduce me."

"But why don't you tell Kabir about this?" Angre asked.

 Vansh shook his head, "I'm certain he won't listen to me. Let her tell him herself when she wakes up from her coma."

Vansh then shifted the topic to Kabir's current situation.

 "By the way, Kabir is now self-sufficient. He's earning his own living. It's indeed challenging for someone used to luxury to lead a normal life. But Kabir managed to do it. In fact, I'm proud of him. Just look at Aryan and Ishani."

Angre nodded in agreement, then added, "You've been playing the role of a father, but no one understands you."

He admired the man in front of him. Vansh had a certain aura, a majestic one, that increased his respect towards him. However, Vansh didn't have the habit of discussing things with his family or brothers. He made decisions on behalf of the family. Although the decisions were right, everyone felt pressured to follow his orders.

Angre noticed that Riddhima had a different quality. She had the ability to make people agree to her point without stressing or forcing them. Both Vansh and Riddhima were good at heart and they thought right for the family, but lack of discussion led to the distance which they were trying to mend. Vansh did not find it important to ask one's opinions before he made a decision about him/her. He usually was like 'I say, you do...no questions...I'm doing good for you...but I don't care to explain...'

Vansh never explained his side to people, but always expected them to trust him blindly, which was possible by the family members who had seen him from childhood, but Riddhima did not know anything about him. They knew each other for hardly forty-five days, and Vansh was behaving like they had been together for many years. He expected Riddhima to say that Vansh would never do such a thing, but it was not Riddhima's fault for misunderstanding him. Sunny added fuel to the burning fire. Praying everything would be alright, Angre landed in Mussoorie along with his boss.