Chapter 1: Crossroads

3rd Person POV:

The sound of a light turning on can be heard as Y/N and the Scythe Wielder now known as "Ruby Rose" are both seen sitting together in an interrogation room while Glynda, with a tablet computer in hand, paces around the table the two girls are seated near.

Glynda: I hope that you both realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, young ladies. You put yourselves and others in great danger.

Ruby: They started it!

Y/N: It was either do nothing or have the whole dust store robbed giving criminals highly explosive ammunition that can could be used for a multitude of attacks killing potentially many more innocents than what the two of us could do trying to apprehend them.

Glynda glares at Y/N, who returns a glare of her own. Tensions rise as Ruby looks seeing both of their respective Aura's slightly flaring up between them until Glynda let's out a sigh.

Glynda: As much as I don't want to say this you're right and I apologize for my words. If it were up to me, you'd both be sent home... With a pat on the back... (noticing Ruby's smile and Y/N's calm expression) And a slap on the wrist.

She demonstrates with her riding crop, which Ruby barely avoids as she gives out a small "Eeek!" while Y/N remains silent.

Glynda: But... there is someone here who would like to meet you.

She moves out of the way so the two girls can see a man in green come through the doorway, holding a mug and a plate of cookies.

Y/N: (That's the headmaster of Beacon Professor Ozpin..)

Ozpin: Ruby Rose...Y/N L/N...(leaning in to see Ruby's face before mumbling something) Silver eyes...

Y/N: (Creepy...)

Ruby: (shirking a bit from his presence) Uh, um...

Ozpin: So! Where did you learn to do this? (gesturing with his head at the tablet showing Ruby's fighting)

Ruby: S-Signal Academy.

Ozpin: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

Ozpin: I see...

Ozpin: Miss L/N?

Y/N: .... Self-taught.

He puts the cookies on the table in front of Ruby and Y/N. Ruby tentatively picks one up, eats it in a single bite as Y/N grabs one and takes a small bite.

Ruby turns to Y/N, who gives her a small nod as the rose girl turns to Ozpin and Glynda seeing no rebuttal as she shovels the rest into her mouth.

Ozpin: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow...

Ruby: (mumbles through her full mouth) Oh! That's my uncle!

Y/N: (seeing Glynda and Ozpin's confused expression) She said that was her uncle.

Ruby: (swallows and wipes her mouth, embarrassed) Sorry. Yeah, That's my Uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now, I'm all like— Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa! (proceeds to make some karate-style poses and noises)

Y/N: (So cute...)

Ozpin: So I've noticed. (placing his cup on the table as he leans in, then sits down opposite Ruby) And what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?