Chapter 3: The Application PT.1

Y/N POV:

Abyss; a seemingly infinite place of nothing darkness. I remember a quote that someone made involved with this word "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

I find myself gazing into a shadowy abyss as a multiple pairs of azure eyes gazes back at me causing me to feel an overwhelming pressure that matches the same sensation of what I felt from Professor Ozpin.

Before I could even react the abyss charges towards me causing me to close my eyes awaiting some sort of impact, nothing happens as I find myself back in the Ballroom.

Y/N: (A dream...? Could it be a bad omen?)

Y/N: *clenches fist* (Snap outta of it Y/N, today's the first step in the path you've chosen to walk in)

I sit up finding all the other applicants are still asleep as I head into the locker room to change out of my pajamas and into my combat clothes.

Y/N: (I should do my morning workout...Damn that old man really pushed this habit into my head)

I head outside into Beacon's campus seeing the sun slowly rising up as the gentle winds of spring hit me bringing a sense of calm.

Y/N: (Okay, I have to start off with 50 push-ups, and 50 sit-ups...)

I get down to start the fifty push-ups the process itself being really easy as most people with their Aura unlocked could do 300 at the same pace no problem. The only reason I start off with fifty because starting small before working up to the max seems the most effective at least that's what my old man would say when he was training me.

Next was the fifty sit-ups which I finish at the same pace, the final exercise that I find the most fun is the 20km run since speed is usual my style and Aura makes running so much more fun.

I take a runners starting position and enhance my legs with Aura while keeping it restrained because I could create a lot of small craters with each step if I'm not careful. With everything ready I head off with my enhanced speed as I take in more of Beacon's scenery spotting more attractions such as Beacon's statue and overall architecture.

Sometime passes as I stop a little fatigued from the rain to check my scroll seeing that about an hour has passed since I started my routine, my stomach starts to growl causing my face to heat up despite no one being near me.

Y/N: (I guess it's time to get breakfast)

Sometime passes and after getting myself something to eat, all of the applicants head to the locker room.

Since I already checked my weapons this morning I activate my Aura sense again as one familiar presence catches my attention.

Y/N: (That's someone I didn't expect to find here)

3rd Person POV:

Before Y/N could head towards the presence her attention is drawn towards Ruby and Yang, who are both busy readying themselves for the Initiation.

Yang: (to Ruby) So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. (strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily)