Chapter 41: Advancing

3rd Person POV:

Falling into an unending void, Ruby continues to descend as several large illuminated stained-glass pillars rises from the dark depths.

Ruby finds herself feeling a disturbing sense of calm despite her descent as she gently lands on the illuminated platform

Ruby finds herself feeling a disturbing sense of calm despite her descent as she gently lands on the illuminated platform. The silver-eyed girl walks around in silence as despite wanting to question her new surroundings, not even a small gasp could escape her mouth.

She continues onward until a barely audible voice could be heard within her mind.

???: Your desire for power has been made loud and clear. I ask this, do you desire power?

Ruby nods in response as Crescent Rose suddenly forms in her hands.

???: The path of the warrior. Invincible courage. An incredibly powerful weapon capable of only destruction.

???: Is this the power you seek?

Ruby shakes her head as Crescent Rose vanishes from her hands, before suddenly being replaced with a shield matching the features of her scythe.

???: The path of the guardian. Unending kindness solely meant to aid those in need. A shield created to repel all harm.

???: Is this the power you seek?

Ruby simply shakes her head once again as the shield vanishes, the item now being replaced by nothing as suddenly a glowing red sphere of energy completely envelopes itself around the silver-eyed girl.

???: The path of the mystic. Inner strength. A power capable of both wonder and ruin.

???: Is this the power you seek?

Sensing her own uncertainty with the choices presented before her, Ruby feels the inner power slowly fade from her being as three pedestals containing each option atop of the peak suddenly rises up from the platform.

???: Each of these strengths lie dormant within you. However, in exchange for awakening them now, you must sacrifice one of these powers for the time being.

???: Choose wisely.

Contemplating the choices, Ruby runs over to the warrior pedestal.

???: You wish to sacrifice this power?

Ruby hesitantly nods in acceptance as the pedestal completely vanishes from her sight, with the other two choices still remaining present on the illuminated platform.

???: You've given up on the power of the warrior. And desire the strengths granted by the guardian and mystic.

???: Is this the form you seek?

Ruby nods once again as both pedestal options then form into two spheres made of pure light, which both proceed to completely envelope their silver-eyed vessel.