Chapter 7

Chapter 7

KAIDEN'S POV

"Any update?"

"Hanggang ngayon hindi parin po namin siya nahahanap Sir Kaiden. But we still continue on searching for her."

I hanged up the call without answering back.

F*ck! Where did that girl go?

I brushed my hair out of frustration thinking on where can I find that girl.

I ordered my people to look for her. But up until now that girl still remained lossful.

She's like a bubble who suddenly disappear without any trace.

That girl always vanished, just like what always happened after she saved me from multiple infanglement.

Guilt was slowly eating me, remembering everything that just happened earlier.

Clenching my fist I stared at my secretary who's still crying until now.

[FLASHBACK]

After expelling her out of my office, I walk towards my office table. I was supposed to reach out for a tissue when I noticed the broken cup of my coffee scattered around the floor.

"Call the janitor to clean these mess."

"Yes, Sir Kaiden." My secretary quickly answered.

"Arf! Arf! Arf!"

I was about to make my way out when I noticed that the dog who was earlier barking at me was now laying on the floor.

"Sorry sir. I didn't notice that he entered." My secretary apologize, as she was the owner of the shih tzu.

"Stop! Don't come near me and call Ranz now!" Sigaw ko sa kaniya.

Dismay and trepid was suddenly noticed on her face.

"Y-Yes sir."

"You are right. There was a poison in your coffee. I think it's a ricin, although this poison can kill within three days of exposure. So I think they add something that can kill a person in just a couple of minutes. That's why the dog became lifeless in just a minute after drinking some spills of the coffee." Ranz explained after examining the coffee.

The dog suddenly fell out after drinking some spills from my coffee. And I noticed na hindi na ito gumagalaw kaya agad na akong kinutuban kanina.

And my presentiment was right.

I was extracted from my deep nous when Ranz spank me at my shoulder.

"Balita ko suki ka ngayon ni kamatayan. I heard there was a numerous of attempts to kill you, but seeing you still standing lifefully in front of me mukhang walang nagtagumpay."

Imbes na makinig pa sa mga pinagsasabi ni Ranz, lumapit ako sa babaeng takot na takot na nakatayo sa gilid ng bookshelves.

A red liquid on the floor near her caught my attention.

Is it blood?

I turn my gaze to my secretary. Her hands were trembling as I noticed how scared she was when I came closer to her.