xxiii.

"Don't you like him?" Casey asks as she closes her locker. 

With the unexpected bluntness, I can feel my face heat up.

"You have to be more specific Casey," Cobi chimes in with his back on the wall, "Don't you like Rocky? Because you might get confused on who we're referring to," he smirks and my face drops.

"Oh sorry," Casey pouts, "I should have been more sensitive about the situation." She presses the back of her hand on her forehead dramatically. "Oh, to be Naomi in this world," she sings.

"I'm gonna kill you two," I blurt out. 

"How?" Cobi faces me, "Will you make us fight to the deaths for you?" he shouts as he takes Casey's hand and runs.

I run after them gritting my teeth while I hear their laughs in the distance. In the verge of giving up the chase, I see them stop on their tracks and a smirk forms in my face.

"Gotcha!" I shout grabbing Cobi's shirt.

"What are you guys doing here, it's our semester break," a familiar voice asks. I see him through the gap between Cobi and Casey's figures. 

"We're just tidying up," I answer, slowly releasing Cobi's shirt from my grip.

"I forgot something in the library," Cobi says, louder than needed. His voice has an unnatural tone to it.

Before anyone can respond, Cobi goes his own way and I see Casey's confused look. Theo's gaze follows Cobi and he lets out a subtle sigh. 

I walk closer to Theo and almost whisper, "See why I was so against this?"

Theo looks down and I turn to Casey, "I'll go the gym, wanna come?"

"I think I had enough awkward meetings for the day," Casey answers.

"What are you going to do there?" Theo asks with a smug look.

"I don't think your in the position to be your usual bossy self," I reply. "See you later, Casey!" I say as I start my trip.

----

I tap my foot in impatience as I wait in front of the varsity locker room. As I have been told by the janitor, the practice game ended thirty minutes ago and they should have been out by now.

A memory flashes before me when I had a campus tour before my first year. Before the locker area, there's a waiting room after this door. 

I tilt my head as I try to fight my idea. 

"Fuck it," I whisper and the door flings open. A few 'what the fucks' and audible gasps are heard through the room. 

I shrug and walk towards Rocky who is in the middle of wearing his hoodie. I see Austin, shirtless and with his lips slight parted. He slowly raises his towel and inquires with his eyes. 

I ignore him. 

After Rocky swiftly puts on his hoodie, an evident shock fills his face. "What the-"

"Fuck," I cut him off. "Yeah, I heard."

"Hey!" I hear Cap shout fresh out of a shower, "What is a girl doing here?"

"Yeah, like you've never invited a girl here," I answer. 

I see Austin stifle a laugh and Rocky turns his puzzled look into a proud face. 

Cap walks past us giving me a glare. I give it back. 

"Holy sh-" Jean exclaims getting out the same place Cap has been. The reaction is warranted as he is only in a towel from the waist down.