10. Goddamn Tension

Camila's POV

We arrived at 9:06 and instantly were met with different flashes of lights as people dance on the dance floor.

Dinah pulls me towards the bar where our friends are, "You should let loose and have fun." I wink at her when we saw Normani talking and laughing with the gang.

She tenses and stopping dead in her tracks, "I can't." She shakes her head, "I can't do this,"

"Yes you can." I tell her, moving in front of her, "You can and you will." I move to stand next to her.

Just as Luke catches sight of us, she lets out a sigh, "Not before I talk to Luke." She whispers as we eye him too.

He smiles at us, mostly at Dinah. He finishes his drink and walks over to us. I knew the liquid gave him the courge to walk over to her. His moves and eyes had determination that broke me because I knew what was going to happen and I can't stop it even if I wanted to.

When he's in front of us he runs his ring fingers through his hair just as I let go of Dinah and step forward, squeezing his hand too, "Good luck." I whisper before walking to our friends, "Hey guys!"

They all cheered, "You made it!" Kol says handing me a drink, "Where's DJ?"

I point as they see Dinah pulling Luke somewhere they can talk.

"Damn, I hope they-"

"Anyways." I raise my voice, cutting Jace off when I saw Normani frowning, "My drink?"

Kol frowns but understood that we should remove the attention from Dinah and Luke. He let's out a chuckles and speaks loudly, "It's Oronamin C and Red Bull just the way you like it." He says making me grin as I grab the drink.

"Keana?" I ask, knowing he invited her.

He shakes his head, "She's busy, shitload of assessments." He says making me smile sadly.

"That's a very weird and an unhealthy mixture." I then hear the raspy voice beside me say, making everything freeze and melt at the same time. Heat rushes through me at her closeness making me shiver.

"Yeah." Normani butts in too.

"Well that's Kay for you, she doesn't do alcohol but creates the weirdest things that taste so good, to which I add alcohol to. Here." Kol say in a matter-of-factly tone while raising his drink and passing one to Lauren who takes it. She nods to which Kol smirks, "Whaddid I tell ya?" 

But I couldn't do anything, I was frozen as I look at those hypnotizing eyes I love so much and has me weak to my knees, while she listens to everything Kol is saying.

She smiles at me and I recuperate with a small one as I swallow a nervous lump, "Hi Lauren." I say after her conversation with Kol ended as she turns her attention back to me.

She grins then moves closer, "Hi Camila." And did something that made my eyes so close to popping out and I was 100% sure my heart was about to burst right out of my chest and I knew she could feel it through my body.

She hugs me.

Lauren fucking Goddess Jauregui is hugging me.

I think I'm about to faint.

I feel her about to pull away when she didn't feel me hugging her back and I immediately break from my trance and wrap my arms around her waist to pull her in a proper hug, her arms go to my neck as we melt into each other.

I don't know how long we stand like that, but we hear someone clearing their throat making me blush as I break away to turn and look at Jace who comes in between us and wraps his arm around my shoulders pulling me away from Lauren who just shakes her head slightly.