Chapter two: Ribbons and Roses

"Which one looks better?"

Varian looked at the two ribbons that Rapunzel held out. His brow furrowed in concentration and then he stepped forward and took the faded red ribbon from her hands.

"This one, it'll go good again the white table clothes and the dark red banners."

Rapunzel smiled wide, tossing the other ribbon of to who knows where, and clapped her hands in exclamation.

"OH!! YES, I didn't even think to put ribbons on the tables!! That's a great idea Varian."

Varian smiled, blushing at her enthusiastic response.
Putting a hand behind his neck he gave a soft laugh.
"Thanks Rapunzel."

Rapunzel picked up a basket filled with ribbons and smiled at Varian.
The spent who knows how long hanging up the ribbons and discussing a new idea they had both come up with months ago.

"I want it to be magical!" Rapunzel said, waving one hand out before her.
"Like- sparkling chandeliers and dim lights against the shining tile floor of the ballroom. "

Varian stood up from where he was putting a ribbon.
" I might be able to help you with that. " he said, giving a playful smile. " just- as magical as it is- just remember-"

He walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulder, waving a hand out at his next words.
"Its not magic but Alchemy!"

Rapunzel laughed and smiled at her best friend, getting a laugh in response.
He grabbed her hand and spun her around laughing, and Rapunzel gave a joyful shout.

She pulled them off towards the garden, the two of them laughing, practically out of breath.

They stopped as the reached the pavilion, where hundreds of roses where in vases.

"Now-" Rapunzel said, laughing softly as she tried to recompose herself.
"These roses are getting put all over the place. Put a vase on a table, or stick some of the flowers in the ribbons or lay them along the railing"

"So just - put them everywhere?"

"Yes everywhere " She said smiling.

Varian picked up a pale pink rose and bowed dramatically, holding it out to Rapunzel.
"For you your Majesty."

Rapunzel smiled and took it, "why thank you young man."
Grabbing a blue rose from among the many in the vases, she put it behind his ear.

Varian smiled.
"Thank you "

"There" she said," now your ready for tonight. "

~♡~

Hugo straightened the collar of his white dress shirt.

He slipped the small wooden box into a pocket in his dress pants.

Turning around and put a hand to his chin.
"Sooo~" he looked at Ruddiger." How do I look?"

Ruddiger chittered and held up his paws in a thumbs up.
Hugo grinned.
Pushing up his glasses and fixing his hair, he breathed in deeply before walking outside.

Before he knew it he was weaving through the loud bustling crowd that filled Corona's streets and squares.

Everywhere he looked he saw people who seemed madly in love.
The bright colors of ribbons and flowers decorated everything.

The sounds of laughter and people talking.
The smell of baked sweets and candies.

And the flickering of the now lit heart lanters and candles that lined the archways and overpasses.