Chapter five: I'm so proud of you

As the soft light of morning drifted through the window, Varian sighed.

Opening his eyes he glanced around.
Taking in the sounds of Ruddigers soft breathing and Hugo's muffled snores.

Smiling he leaned his head back, Ruddiger stirring at the movement.

"Ey bud" he said sleepily, reaching over and petting the loyal racoon.

Ruddiger stretched out, a happy purring sound escaping his little yawning mouth.

Sitting up he shook himself, his big eyes looking at Varian.
The young man smiled and pet the raccoon lovingly, as the animal rubbed against him.

Varian looked down to where Hugo was snuggled up against him. Latched around Varian's waist, he had his face buried into his neck and against his chest.

He smiled as he ran his hands through Hugo's messy bed head. After a few minutes Varian kissed the top of his head, and sat up, the sudden movement waking Hugo up.

Hugo groaned trying to push Varian back down, getting a soft laugh from him.

"What are you doing babe?"

Hugo mumbled and looked up, his eyes heavy as he met Varian's gaze.

"Tryn to sleep so lay back down Goggles"

Varian smiled and tried to escape his grip again, gasping as Hugo held onto him tighter.

"Babe-"

"Are ya working today?"

"No but-"

"Then shut the hell up and snuggle with me" Hugo said, before burying his face back against him.

Varian smiled and looked at Ruddiger, who rolled his eyes and jumped off the bed.

He gave a shrug before wrapping his arms around Hugo, earning soft happy sounds from the blonde, who was firstly attached around his waist.

They lay that way for a awhile, Hugo almost Falling back to sleep as Varian played with his hair, and gently rubbed circles on his back.

Ruddiger though, didn't appreciate Hugo stealing all Varians attention.

So in stomped a hunger Ruddiger. Jump back on onto the bed, he walked over to Varian and started pulling at his arm.

He started chattering and complaining, making his hunger know.
Hugo swatted at him, but Ruddiger ignored his half hearted attempt to shoo him off.

Varian smiled and sat up.
" ok bud, I'm getting up"

"The hell ya aren't " Hugo grumbled, tightening his hold on Varian.

But to his displeasure, Varian somehow managed to escape his hold, and crawled over him, getting off the bed.

"Why you gotta be like dis-" Hugo whined, turning over and looking at his fiancé.

Varian smiled at him, sniffling a laugh.

Hugo looked so grumpy, his eyes still half closed and his hair going every which way.

Pulling on a clean set of clothes, he made his way towards the bathroom.
Fixing his shirt collar and hair, he pulled on his goggles and buckled on hi belt.

He heard shuffling in the other room, and a half dress Hugo appeared in the bathroom door frame a few seconds later.

"Why are ya getting up early again? " he complained.

Varian smiled patting the side of Hugo's face gently as he walked past.
" one because I have an actual job, and two-" he looked at him," we have people to tell." He finished his words holding up his hand, the band on his finger shining under the rays of sun that filtered through the window.