twenty-four.

anna felt her heart shatter as the words left her mother's mouth,

"he's dead."

and even days later her heart was still broken. maybe even more than that night.

maybe she finally had nick, but she was no longer happy.

her eyes scanned the backyard as she sat out on the porch, watching the snow melt into the earth. she'd been very quiet recently, it seemed as if the brown-haired boy was the only one who could get her to talk, and even he could only get her to mumble a few words.

don't even get her started on eating.

what made the situation worse, june was almost the same way. the two valentine girl's were completely broken. the sad thing was, they weren't even close even to go to each other for it.

"anna, you want to come eat?" nick's soft voice was heard from the door. she turned, seeing his light smile as he tilted his head towards her from inside the house.

she shook her head no, turning back towards the yard. nick only sighed, looking back inside the house to make sure no one was watching him, before walking outside. anna liked being left alone, besides with the boy of course, and he wanted her to be comfortable.

he sat down next to her on the cold bench, "i think you should come inside, lovely. we're all gonna sit down and eat, you love alfredo."

"i don't want any." her voice cracked as she spoke, making him frown. anna's face turned towards him, "but i'll try."

nick's smile immediately brightened, leaning down to kiss her forehead, "thank you. i'm so proud of you. let's go in, yeah?"

the whole family looked like a wreck, sweatpants and sweatshirts were the only clothes worn even audra's neatness was little.

anna sat down between nick and june, her little sister still had a tear stained face.

the boy offered to make their plates, anna thanking him as she silently took her sister's hand.

the silence between all of them was almost loud, almost paining her ears as she wasn't used too anything other than loud.

"you guys don't have to act like everything's okay, we can talk about it." anna spoke, her face still aimed at her plate as she attempted to eat,

"we're not acting like everything's okay." her mother replied, eyeing her daughter,

anna scoffed, "yes you are."

"anne-" sapnap whispered as he moved his hand to her arm, but she only shook it off, as june began talking,

"anna is right, you guys act like everything is fine but in reality is not why can't we talk about that."

"we never said we couldn't talk about it-" nick's mother began to talk before her son interrupted,

"remember when josh launched me into the pool so high that i belly flopped?" the boy smiled as he recalled the memory, making the group softly laugh,

"yeah! and he promised you ice cream in return!" his sister laughed along,

"my entire body is red!" nick looked at himself in the mirror, his bright green swim trunks looking even brighter against his red skin,

josh cringed, "yeah, that's my bad. how about i make it up to you? ice cream?"

the corners of anna's mouth turned up as she watched the boy tell the story, attempting to cheer her up.

"remember when he made us all out of gingerbread? he was so good at that!" audra spoke, making anna smile completely,

"mine was perfect! and nick's had headphones and everything just like now!" she laughed, turning to ruffle nick's hair as she spoke,

"it looks just like him, dad!" anna laughed as nick moved him head away from her as she just messed up his hair,

"it does! see and you even have your pink hair like you've always wanted!" josh smiled as he took a bite of his own gingerbread-head,

"perfect!"

"oh- oh! remember the time we went camping and-" june began,

"he made dinner!" audra shouted out, laughing,

june giggled, "yes!" 

"here son, this ones yours." josh spoke, handing nick a hotdog,

"this is completely burnt, josh." the boy spoke, his straight face meeting josh's, but the second they made eye contact the two bursted out laughing.

nick didn't grow up with a father, the closest he had was josh.

so when josh chose alcohol over his family,

it hurt nick just as much.

so finally for the first time since the accident, nick cried. he cried in silence with a smile on his face as the two families, his family, talked about josh in a healthy way for the first time in his life.

with anna and june's hands linked, the group finally eating a good meal, laughter filled the room as they appreciated each other. they were family.

and you should never fall apart from your family.

the girl decided to always live by that for now, because when she fell apart from nick, her whole world felt darker. nick was the sun and anna let in a storm by allowing him to go.

so as the moon brightened and the family laughed, anna was finally happy.

maybe things weren't looking their best, and she was still grieving, but the girl was finally back to old anna.

bright anna,

happy anna.

anna finally fell back.

el speaking

el speaking....

y'all this story is almost
over i hope ur ready

love u guys so much

PLS FOLLOW MY WATTPAD
!!

new story is in the works
and after fall back is finished
i want you to be here for the new
one :) <3 stay safe