Exploring

Notes!
The city we are in looks like Tyevat put together. Equaling a big city.
———————

Aether and I had just finished negotiating with their board. Coffee in hand, I walked with my brother. Aether was holding a type of milk tea.

"They said the mall ideas were good."Aether said cheerfully. "Yeah but it seems like that will take a lot of money," I added.

"Money doesn't grow on trees sister, instead it grows on rich people's balls." Aether said, flaunting his braid.

"You look dumb," I stated.
"We're twins." Aether responded, eyes looking at me like I'm stupid. I instantly took back what I said.

We walked down the hall, the walls were made of tinted glass. Our view was gorgeous, the color of the city during the day stood so vibrant. The buildings were tall and slim. In the middle was a skyscraper, that was the center of the city.

Aether and I talked as we entered our office.
"I'm going to go check out the vacant mall spot."
I said, setting my coffee down on my desk. Aether sat back, nodding.

"Alright, bye."
I waited at the door before leaving. "What do you want?" Aether asked, looking up at me standing in his doorway.

"I love you, younger sister."
I said blankly.

"Go love yourself, check out the mall. ThaNks YoUnGer sIsterRrr~"
Aether said, moving his hands in weird motions.

"Whatever, bye BiG brOtheR."
I replied, closing the door behind me.

Aether can be such a pain in the ass sometimes.

.
.

There I stood, facing the soon-to-be clothing shop.

It was small, but it was all we could use.
I looked around at the surrounding stores; seeing a new clothing shop. Fatui was written in cursive and very, quote on quote, fancy.

"Fuck this."
I whispered, I walked over to the clothing shop. Planning to investigate their marketing strategies and use them for our company.

See, I was never very good at marketing. However, I am a fast learner. I walked across the mall, entering the store. The clothing selection was questionable. Winter items sold in summer? Really?

I continued to look around before a lean young man approached me. He wore a red scarf around his neck and a grey sweatshirt with the word Fatui on it.

I recognized the man instantly, hopefully, he hadn't recognized me. I've seen him quite a bit during the last few years. I even ended up going against one of his managers. His pants were a black color, odd he was wearing black with grey.

"Hello, I'm the owner of this store. May I ask if you need assistance?" He asked politely.

Might as well tease him while I'm here, "This is so terribly designed, winter clothes in summer? How arbitrary." I said, folding my arms.

He looked at me with a, Are you serious? Face, but I decided I wouldn't back down so easily.

"Indeed, not to mention your store is understaffed. What are you doing here? Aren't you the owner? Or are you too poor to afford more than one staff worker?"
I questioned.

I rolled my eyes, flipping my scarf. "Whatever, this store seems to be poorly made. I'll take my leave."
I strut out with confidence and sass.

Not looking behind me, however, I could feel the stares burning into the back of my head.

Once I was out I quietly celebrated.
That should show them! Not to mention I understand that I learned a couple of tricks. I may come back some other time to perfect my skills.

.
.
.
.
5月28日

The next day I looked across the mall again to see that their business was booming.

"Shit!"
I said aloud.

Aether hit my side, "You alright sis?" I glared at him in disgust. "No, why are they doing so well?! And when will we finish setting up?"

"No idea," Aether responded with a shrug.
"Check out our competition. I'm going to the cafe downstairs." My twin suggested, turning away from the shop we were facing.

"Cafe?"
I asked, spinning around, he nodded his head.
"Yeah, cafe. It's called ACoffeemug." Aether explained.
"Alright, I'll follow you,"

.

Aether and I left our spot and went downstairs.
We waited on the escalator, which was quite busy. Lots of people with their shopping carts were aboard.

Once we got downstairs we saw the cafe Aether was looking to visit. It was very cutely styled, inside they had painted flowers on the walls.

The cafe was quite small, the outside showed a small sign with the name; ACoffeeMug.
The chairs were quite cushiony. The whole cafe was colored mint green and a lighter shade of yellow.

At the cashier stood two people. One with glasses and mint green hair while the other was a mix of brown and blonde.

"Hello, welcome to acoffeemug. I'm Albedo and I'll be taking your order at the moment."
My jaw dropped as I recognized the two behind the counter.

"Ah, hello Travelers."
Albedo greeted us, he was wearing a khaki-colored apron with a white long sleeve shirt.
Sucrose was wearing the same thing except for a dark blue, short-sleeved, shirt.

"Table for two, unless?"
Aether grinned, wiggling a brow. Albedo shrugged and called into the kitchen, "Taking a break with Sucrose!"

He went around the counter and showed us a table. Sucrose followed shortly after.

We caught up for a bit, Albedo explained how he wanted to hang out with Sucrose more often. So he bought this cafe for him and Sucrose.

Honestly, it sounded like right out of a fairytale. Two lovers getting a cafe together. Sounds like the perfect life...