A tease

After getting some delicious drinks we made our way back upstairs. Aether was talking about his ideas for the design of our store. While I kept my eye on the other clothing company.

"I'm going to go scope out the competition."
I said, walking to the other store.

"Not like already told you to do that but whatever~"
Aether yelled after me.
I politely flipped him off before entering the other store.

.

"Oh wow, well isn't it our helpful customer."
The strange tall man greeted me. "It seems business is booming." I said, looking around.

"Yeah, thanks for the help!"
He said, smiling brightly. His smile was so bright that I had to turn away.

"Congratulations." I said, in a flat tone.
He smiled and shook my hand.
"Names Tartaglia, formal name Childe." He introduced himself.

"Casandra Mitsu."
I replied blankly.

"Great! I have a gift in the back office. It's for the help and service you did to help us perfect the shop. Follow me-" Childe grabbed my hand without warning, bringing me to his back offices. It was quite empty other than the stacks of clothing.

He turned to me, sending a chill down my spine. He put his hand on the wall. Leaning in close to my ear.
"You're a bad actor, Traveler."

My eyes widen in shock. Looking at him, he wore a cheeky smile. I lifted my leg, hitting him right in the sweet spot.

He let out a grunt while I ran out of the back offices.
CODE RED I'VE BEEN FOUND OH SHIT!

I ran out of the store in a hurry, getting weird glances from passing people. I could care less however, I ran into my store. Quickly running behind the register.
Aether looked at me with a face of concern.

"That was quick Lumine, what's up?"
He asked, I pulled him close to me whispering into his ear. I told him everything that had happened.

"I don't see the problem, all you did was kick Mr. Fatui in the balls-" I quickly covered his mouth.
"Shut the fuck up!" I whispered-yelled, pulling him down to the floor. "We need to pretend that never happened," I demanded.

Aether slapped his face.
"Let's go eat out to get our minds off this."

I stared at him in confusion, "Are we seriously not going to talk about how I kneed someone in the nuts?!"
I asked, panicking.

"Exactly," He said, smiling at me.
"Plus I'm bringing someone."

I groaned, "I don't want to third wheel with you and Xiao." Aether frowned.
"We aren't even dating idiot, he's just a co-worker."
Aether huffed.

I heard knocking on the cashier counter.
I peeked out from behind the counter, looking for any on comers.

There stood Childe, grin and all. "Mind if I join you? I promise you won't be the third wheel,"

"Sure we don't mind."
Aether said, smiling.

I looked at Aether pulling him behind the counter once more. I mouthed, 'NO NO NO NO NO NO!'
Aether made an appearance from behind the counter once more. "We're going to the pavilion, meet us there. 2 pm alright?"

"Why of course, comrade."
Childe smiled, looking at me with iced eyes.

"Great, I'll go notify Xiao!"
Aether sprang up from the counter, skipping along.
I grit my teeth as I saw him happily leaving the shop to go cHeCk On Xiao.

Childe looked at me with a bright smile.
"Kicking people in the balls isn't a very good impression now?" He teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him before sinking behind the counter. He walked around the counter, sitting down next to me.

He wasn't wearing any perfume but he smelled very nice. It was unfamiliar, the smell was so delightful.

I grabbed the end of his scarf holding it to my face.
Inhaling the sweet scent, he stared at me with a face of confusion.

I glared at him before letting go of the scarf.
"You smell nice."
I added, he just looked at me blankly.

I picked myself up before looking back at him.
"Now, get out of my store before I kick you in the face this time."
I said before exiting the store.

.
.

I sat at the table alone. Xiao and Aether canceled on me so I was sitting alone at the restaurant.

I sighed, looking at my phone.
Scrolling through my socials, analyzing my friends' posts. They were all having fun together, while I was sitting here at a table alone.

Sometimes I felt like I'm not from this world. As if I don't belong in this place. I ate the noodles that sat in front of me.
Contemplating whether or not I should go back to the mall or head to the office.