An Interruption

You and Childe had been hunting for about an hour without talking when he finally decided to engage in a conversation with you. This happened at quite an inopportune time, as you were currently engaged in something you found more important, which was skinning wolf pelts to make winter coats for you and soft carpets for your floors.

"Hey, Y/N, you should probably take off that tourniquet, or you'll squeeze all your blood circulation away," he said, as he heated up some wolf meat to try and eat. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt like that."

You scoffed and replied, "Of course not, Tartaglia," while continuing to skin the pelt. Your knife motions had gotten more aggressive and rapid, and more fur was coming off than skin now. Why did this man have to always choose the worst times to make conversation? He could have spoken before you were doing your work. But no, he had to talk now!

You felt him gently run his fingers over the back of your neck, then wrapping them around your shoulders and pressing down in a massage that felt good but also distracted you from your work. Angered at this, you pressed your knife against his neck, making him pull away with an annoyed hiss.

"Ah, the two lovers are at it again," a smug voice said from behind you.

You spun around to see Scaramouche, also known by his alias, Balladeer, sixth of the Fatui Harbingers, standing behind you, dressed in his usual attire- black shorts, black sandals, and a black shirt with a large golden medal sewn onto a white, black, and red triangle pinned to the shirt itself. He was wearing a large black hat with a red ribbon along the top and four golden hooks on each corner, and a transparent black veil hanging down from the hat. Usually, the veil had some elegant Inazuman artistry on it, but this time it was just simple, just transparent black, which looked more menacing somehow.

"We're not lovers, and you know it, Balladeer," you said to him, calling him by his alias, not like you did with Childe. You were more informal with Childe, but with Scaramouche, who you hardly saw or ever spoke to, you found it more comfortable to speak formally.

"Your conduct says otherwise. And please call me Scaramouche," he responded.

"Tartaglia is just a horny boy," you responded, making Childe gasp and clutch his chest, pretending that you had killed him with your words. So dramatic.

Scaramouche laughed uncontrollably, then responded with, "You're right. Tartaglia always has to play with girls. It's a terrible habit... but what can I say? I've never experienced love. Perhaps the girls enjoy getting their emotions turned upside down and wrung out. Could be."

"Oh, come now, Balladeer," Childe said, calling him by his alias as you did. "I would never hurt a girl's heart. All of them love my antics. Why shouldn't they?"

You were about to comment on how sane girls wouldn't enjoy a man playing with them in any way, even if he made it 'fun,' but you chose to stay quiet. Your words wouldn't change Childe's mind after all. You were one of his favorite playthings. He wouldn't let go of you for anything.

"You need to leave now," Scaramouche said, his manner suddenly serious and firm. "The Tsaritsa has noticed, through her contacts, that Andrius, the protector of this area, is traveling through his domain for what she calls 'security checks.' If he spots you-"

A loud growl, too aggressive and too loud to be a normal wolf's growl, sounded from all around you. Somehow, one creature had growled, but the noise was reverberating around them, permeating your hearts and causing all of you a great degree of fear. Out from the bushes, there crawled a massive glowing blue and white wolf spirit, which you immediately recognized as Andrius, Protector of all Wolves.

Without any warning or any dialogue, he charged directly at you, and you were ready for battle.