Recuperation

A/N- This song is a song I could imagine playing during this scene. This song and the song "Please Don't Cry" by Davichi would fit this scene I think. You don't have to listen to it lol. I just think it would fit the vibe. Onto the story!

You woke up to sounds of crying and a deep, gentle voice murmuring nearby.

"Childe, it will be alright. My powers have sustained her, and the wound she has received has healed itself. Your lover shall not die."

"B-but why isn't she waking up? Y-Y/N, please! Open your eyes!"

Hearing the pain and concern in Childe's tone, you tried your hardest to do what he wanted, tried your hardest to open your eyes and reassure him. But you just didn't have enough strength. You tried, and tried again, but you couldn't. This frustrated you, and you cursed your weak body in your mind.

"Enough," the man with the deep voice said. "She will open her eyes soon. Her strength is slowly coming back. Just wait, and be patient. Panic is the enemy of rational thought."

"I'm not as patient as you, Zhongli," Childe shot back. "Besides, her wound was fatal. How could she recuperate from it so soon? It's only been a week!"

A week! I've been sleeping for that long?  Oh, my darling Childe, you must have been so concerned for me! you thought, still unable to muster enough strength to speak.

You felt someone gently running their warm hands over your body, stopping on your  chest, right next to your heart, where the knife had hit you. A warmth like the crackling flames of a fireplace and the glowing sun spread across your body, and you felt strength pulse through you. Your eyes opened, and you saw Zhongli, whom you recognized from images Childe had sent you of his friends, leaning over you, pressing his hands into your chest firmly, spreading more warmth and strength into your body slowly but surely.

"Thank you, Zhongli," you told him, with a voice that was weak and fluttery as a newborn bird. "I'm fine now."

"Y/N! My love! Finally, you're awake! I thought I had lost you!"

"You can't lose me that easy, Tartaglia," you said, abandoning using his alias. This change made him look shocked for a moment, but he quickly regained his wits and gave you a long, heavy kiss on the lips.

"Never make me worry like that again," he said accusingly, wagging a finger at you like a father criticizing his child.

"I sense that I am no longer wanted here," Zhongli said, still speaking in that hyper-formal tone. "I shall leave. I wish you good luck on your recovery, Y/N."

As soon as Zhongli took his leave, Childe burst into seemingly endless sobs. You sat up in your bed and took his hands in yours.

"I thought you were going to die! I was so worried! Please... please... never get hurt like that again! It killed me inside!"

You gave him as many kisses as you could, before falling back onto your mattress. Exhaustion had taken you over, even from that short amount of time spent awake.

"I need to rest now," you told Childe, as your eyes closed. "Don't wait up for me..."

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter today, halfway through I just kind of lost motivation in writing. Next chapter is probably going to be the last one in this fanfic, so I'll try to make that one better.