Chapter 14.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*******************************************

Hours passed as everyone walked around the stalls, talking away and just being normal collage students. But as time passed, their group became smaller and smaller until only Matt, Shiro, Keith, Lance and Pidge was left. Everyone else having to leave and head home already and now, the group knew it was time to head home themselves. 

Lance older sister Veronica was parked up down the road ready to drive her brother home and Shiro willing to drive the rest of them home. Mostly because Shiro and Keith was having a sleep over with the Holts like they did after ever hospital appointment Pidge had for her voice. Colleen Holt didn't know that her ditch had cancelled the appointment and went to the event instead, Sam Holt knew, supporting his daughter decision of going out with friends for once instead of going through the same one hour worth of torture just to return disappointed. And, that's not the worse part, having to tell Colleen that nothing had improved over her voice returning was always break hearting and Sam was happy to spare both his wife and children from that.  

Shiro heading off first with Keith and Matt after they said their goodbyes, walking ahead since they were parked around the corner. Pidge and Lance walked not far behind, a content silence over them as they just took in the day's fun.

"We've got to do this again. Maybe not a pool related day trip but hang out, outside of collage and club activities" Lance commented, a soft smile on his lips as he couldn't let this be the only day of Pidge get's to have with everyone.

Pidge just giving a happy nod, a sweet smile on her lips as she felt the same and was already looking forward to spending a day out with everyone again.

"Maybe we could go to the movies or something. We could book tickets online once everyone agrees on a movie, sneak in snacks and drinks in our bags. I know cinema popcorn and drinks are best but for the first time, we could just jump the crowds and just, have fun without anyone having an panic attack from the crowds of people" Lance mumbled out, slipping his fingers into the front pockets of his jeans.

"I would like that but would everyone agree on a film?" Pidge replied with a small smile, an amused look in her eyes as Lance opened his mouth only to close it again.  

"Okay, we'll cross that bridge after seeing how many would be willing to come. But, it's a start at least. Oh come on , I don't see you coming up with any ideas" Lance huffed out before grinning and playfully shoving Pidge who giggled. 

A real .. life .. giggle. 

Both of them stopped mid step, freezing up before turning to each other wide eye not believing what they just heard. 

It was a bit raspy and weak but it was a real giggle and Lance found it the most beautiful thing he's ever heard. 

Pidge shakily bringing her hands to her mouth, still in shock and not believing what left her own mouth before tearing up a little. 

"Again" Pidge quickly mouthed out, grabbing at Lance baseball top, gripping it tightly as she frowned a little over no sound coming out as she tried speaking but her eyes showed how desperate she was for him to try anyway. 

Lance just silently nodded, slowly lifting his hands before tickling Pidge armpits knowing she was ticklish there after Matt use to boast about her laugh and how he'd always win in a tickle battle against her. 

Another giggle escaping out of her mouth making him grin like an idiot. 

He was feeling so proud over making her laugh, feeling overjoyed as he let the sound echo his eyes why she tried escaping from him, giggling her little head off. 

He didn't want to stop, he wanted to keep hearing her giggle for the rest of his life on repeat but he also knew he couldn't let her wet herself after finally being able to giggle again. 

Removing his hands from her before placing them on her shoulders as she caught her breath again, blissful tears leaving her eyes as she lifted her head to look at him. 

She got some of her voice back, she was heard again after all this time of giving up. 

"Others! You better go show the others .. they've been waiting for this day as much as you have. I'm sure they're gonna be upset over missing your first giggle but still .... go show them. Text me later .. yeah" Lance excitedly replied, a huge stupid grin on his face as he grabbed at her hands and giving them a happy squeeze.

Pidge quickly nodding, grinning herself and about to run off before stopping herself and shyly turning back to him. 

"Something wrong?" Lance worriedly asked, wondering if her throat asked or if she was about to faint from the aftershock.

Pidge glanced over her shoulder, her brother and childhood friends weren't in sight making her let a relieved breath out before she quickly stepped forward. Grabbing Lance hands ahead before yanking on them making him lean down before she placed a quick, shy but sweet kiss to his lips. 

"Thanks" She softly smiled, giving his hands a quick squeeze before she ran off embarrassed and exited to show the rest her giggle. 

Lance just stood stunned, blinking as he watched her vanish round the corner before his face turned bright red and he shakily brought his fingers to his lips wondering if he just dreamed that. 

He felt his phone buzz, awkwardly pulling it out of his back pocket before lowing his head to see as he shook away the shock for a moment. 

"I had fun today" 

She texted him, like they went on the date. 

He was grinning like a mad man as he raced over to his sister car and happily sat in the passenger seat. Thinking over his reply, not caring over his sister trying to tease him over how red his face was. 

Today was surely the best say of his life. 

He got to hear an angel giggle and he was kissed by a goddess herself. 

Best Day Ever!