chapter 2 | let loose and have fun

the song for this chapter is goosebumps by Travis Scott :)

Greyson

As we walk down the street to our Uber, the noise of a typical Friday night in the city is very apparent; people coming out of restaurants, bars, taxis being called and people walking to their next location.

We got to our Uber, Zayn opening the door for us, Iris getting in first, me following after her, then Zayn. Sitting down and buckling my seatbelt, Snap Out Of It by Arctic Monkeys flow through the car, both Iris and I lip-syncing the lyrics.

I had no idea where the party was, my guess being a nice penthouse or apartment. We arrived after 10 minuets, all of us getting out of the car observing where we were.

We drive up to an extremely nice apartment complex with a white exterior and lights all around. We get out of the car and walk past people getting out of their own cars, handing their keys to the valet driver as well as others getting out of taxis.

As we get to the door, I stop them, "Guys, I'm feeling really anxious for some reason, I need to smoke."

Iris sighs, "Grey, you said you were quitting."

"I know." I say looking off to the side, "I'll stop after this one, you know how smoking helps with my anxiety."

"Fine," she says, "this is the last time, you know it's not good for you."

I've always been a really anxious person ever since I was a kid and smoking has been the only thing other than strong medication that seems to help. I only started doing it about a year ago, every so often I would light a cigarette to help calm my nerves. I know it's bad for me, actually, it's probably the worst thing I could do. It's not like I do it all the time, just when I'm anxious or sad.

I reach into my bag, pulling out a carton of Marlboro Reds, taking one out, lighting it with a red lighter, and putting the carton back into my bag. As soon as the dangerous stick touches my cherry lips, I feel the smoke invade my throat, coating my lungs, making my chest go warm, the smell of tobacco flowing though the air. Almost instantly, my anxiety has gone down. Zayn the pulls out a joint, lighting it and offering it to Iris.

After we're done smoking, we finally walk inside. I notice the black marble floors, extremely high ceilings, and expensive looking furniture, not the type of place you would expect a giant party to be thrown.

Isis turns her head to Zayn and I as we walk to the elevator, Zayn pressing the button and all of us waiting for it to open.

"This place is so dope!" she exclaims, he volume a little too loud for the formal complex.

I chuckle, looking back at her, "Are you even surprised, you know how they like to party."

"Trust me, I know." she says, "It doesn't matter how many parties I go to, theirs will never disappoint."

The elevator opens, a rich older couple walking out. We kindly smile at them, talking their place in the elevator. Zayn presses the 35th floor where the penthouses are, soon feeling the elevator starting to move.

Once we get to the floor, we step out, instantly hearing No Role Modelz by J. Cole coming from the door at the end of the hall. We walk into penthouse, instantly smelling alcohol, weed, and sweat.

There is a purple hue to the apartment, many bodies grinding up against each other, some making out, as we walk by trying to get to the kitchen and not bothering any of them.