chapter 3 | troubled blue

the song for this chapter is Trouble by Cage the Elephant :)

Greyson

I'm not someone who causes trouble.

Trouble seems to find me.

And depending on the situation, I don't hate being involved.

My dad always used to ask me how being on the sidelines of any chaos or trouble always seemed to rope me into it. I never caused any of it, yet somehow, I'm always in the middle of it.

Growing up with a twin, you are constantly compared to each other. Whether it's your looks, grades, style, attitude, it doesn't matter everyone will either see you similarly or completely opposite. Especially when one of you loves breaking rules and the other is terrified to do something as simple as fill up a water cup with soda or j-walk. Yet somehow, we got along so well. Phoenix always knew how to persuade and coerce me into doing mischievous activates.

Our common ground especially is both being adrenaline junkies whether it was playing chicken, standing on the edge of rooftops, or even running away from the cops; it's honestly it's kind of ironic coming from a rule follower.

Now I know what you're probably thinking, "If you don't cause trouble, then why would you have to run away from the cops." The easy answer is that Phoenix would cause the trouble and I would wait for him whether it was in a car, on a motorcycle, or waiting for him on foot; no man left behind.

Like I said, I don't cause trouble, it seems to find me and I can't seem to avoid it. For some reason being in the middle of danger gives me that adrenaline rush. It's crazy how two completely different people, let alone siblings, seemed to find a common ground where both can have their rush: Phoenix could cause trouble, I could be in the middle of it.

I miss being able to cause disturbance on society with my best friend, the only person who I knew who understood the how strong of high adrenaline gives you and how good it feels, better than any drug you could imagine.

Right now, I am in the exact position my dad used to describe to me: in the middle of trouble.

Not only did I anger and hurt someone, but I'm looking at a despicable person.

As I stare into those dark emerald green eyes that I thought I would never have to make eye contact with again, that seem to either hold too much or little to no emotion, frustration and anger builds.

I'm frustrated and angry because the one night I try to have fun and let loose, I have to fucking punch a guy wearing MOCCASINS for trying to do who knows what to me and now Harry Styles is looking down at me in an empty hallway at a random party. It seems like I can never have a break.

"What are you doing here?" I say slightly angry with a slight shake to my voice.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes, "It's a fucking party, I'm just trying to have a fun time but with you here, that seems to be ruined." He says taking a sip from the beer bottle in his hand.

"You do realize that you don't have to stand here and talk to me, right? This is a big apartment, you can go anywhere else." I say while rolling my eyes.

"I was here before you, it's not my fault you punched a guy and came in here about to cry." He says with slight arrogance to his voice.

I stand up and huff getting more and more angry, "Shut the fuck up Harry just because I'm shaking doesn't mean I was going to cry. Excuse me for having to stick up for myself." I say walking past him.