5. You Killed Him

My online classes started again so I'm not sure if I'll be able to update every week , but I'll try to :)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Hope showed Faith the guest room. Both of them were tired and decided not to talk about what happened today. After showing Faith her room , which was right next to Rebekah's , Hope went in her own room where Hayley and Klaus were already waiting for her.

"Dad , I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't think it was-" Her words were faded when Klaus hugged her and said "It's alright, Sweetheart. What matters now is that you are safe. And don't worry, I'll find out whoever tried to hurt you and they'll pay" Hope smiled slightly but didn't say anything as she was tired.

"You should sleep. Do you want us to stay?" Hayley asked but Hope shook her head in denial "I'm fine" Both Hayley and Klaus gave a peck on her forehead and left the room. Hope looked at the closed door and regretted not telling them about this herself.

As soon as Hayley and Klaus came out of the room , Hayley saw Klaus's clenched jaw. "Klaus" she called him and he turned towards her . She looked at his eyes furious eyes. She sighed and took a step towards him "It'll be okay" she whispered but he replied in a hoarse voice "They tried to harm her" Hayley gulped imagining anything happening to Hope and her whole body shook with fear and anger.

He turned to leave but she called his name again and when he turned she hugged him. He was shocked at first but then wrapped his arms around her and released a breathe "I know" she said "I'm her mother and I can't imagine anything bad happening to her. Just a thought of someone hurting her boils my blood" he tightened his grip and sighed "Hayley, I-" he paused and decided not to complete the sentence but Hayley clearly understood what he was feeling.

She broke the hug and said "We'll keep her safe" he nodded and said before leaving "Goodnight, Little wolf". Hayley stood there for a second and then taking one last glance at Hope's door went to her room.

Hope , who was listening to their conversation felt worse than before she gulped and bit her lip to stop the tears. She decided to properly apologize to them in the morning and thank Faith for bringing her here.

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

In the middle of the night Klaus heard some noise from the main hall in compound. He left his paintbrush and saw a shadow lurking in the hallway. Without any second thoughts, he pinned the person to the ground and before he could see who the person was, he himself was pinned to the ground with a small figure, as compared to him , above him.

He quickly looked into the eyes of the new hybrid he had just met. Her eyes looked alert and filled with anger , pain and something that he couldn't figure out.