18. The blackout

I was home quarantined on my birthday -_-

And I apologize for not updating last week, I had to attend a family function (you know what those are like)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Lucien was struggling against the chains that were holding him. He looked around for something to use to break the chains.

"Relax, darling." He heard a voice and looked up to see Kol standing leaning on the gate. "The chains are binded by magic, not even an original can break them." Kol further continued.

"You have no idea what you are dealing with. They will come to find me." Lucien growled.

"And by 'they' I presume you mean Aurora." Kol asked as Lucien started laughing in pain not answering the question. Kol sighed leaving the dungeons.

Lucien rested his head on the wall behind him. He heard someone tsking and scrunched his face. "Just let me out and see how I'll-" he stopped as he looked at the person standing in front of him.

"Aurora"

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

Faith's Pov

Holy shit!

I heard Klaus chuckle and realised I said it out aloud. Ignoring every other thought I looked around the room. There was a piano in center of the room and many other instruments in the left corner. There were couches on the right corner with a small bar. Behind piano there was a big balcony with long curtains.

I inhaled deeply coming out of the daze. Not taking my eyes off the room I said "Wow. This is beautiful but I-" Klaus cut my sentence off "No, Faith." I turned to him as he continued

"You have risked your life too many times for my family, for my daughter just because some life debt you owe to Elijah. But we all know very well that you could've denied to do this but you didn't. This is the least I could offer to you feel peace in your time here. Supposing you'll be staying for a while."

I nodded and murmured "Thank you". He observed me for a second and nodded. "Why don't you play something, come on give it a try." He said now smiling.

I went towards the piano running my fingers on the keys. I felt a feeling of joy and grief in my heart.

I shrugged "I haven't played in front anyone in a long time." My was filled with nervousness. "It's-" he was cut off by scream of his own as my eyes snapped towards him.

He was clutching his head in his hands and screaming in pain. He fell on his eyes groaning. "Klaus" I took long steps ahead to reach him but a sudden pain in my head made me stop.

"Ahh!" I yelled falling on the ground on my knees. The pain was like the same I experienced in the Mikaleson mansion before the party. Someone was trying to control our minds.

My vision started to get dark as I tried to stay awake. My eyes looked up at Klaus who was looking at me with concerned eyes. Soon the darkness started to engluf my vision and the last thing I heard was Klaus' voice yelling out my name. "Faith!!"

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

Hope was moving in her bed restlessly. Sweat forming on her head as she murmured something in her sleep. The door of her room opened and she sensed someone's presence. She opened her eyes and swing her arm to hit the intruder but the person blocked the attack.