21. Memories

I am dearly sorry for not updating for a whole month. I was caught up with some things that I needed to take care of. I hope you understand <3

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

IMPORTANT NOTE (READ BEFORE STARTING THE CHAPTER)

The sentences in 'normal' font indicate present and the sentences in italic font indicates the past, that means the memory Faith is showing everyone.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Dark.

All the mikaelsons could see was dark. They could hear bird chirping and chattering of some people but the voices were very distant. They looked around trying to figure out where they were.

"I told you this was a bad idea" Marcel said walking around.

"Have some patience" Caroline said. Klaus of all was standing in one place, concentrating on something.

"What is it?" Elijah asked. Klaus looked up unsure "The voice.. It's mine" Everyone's eyes widened as they listened carefully.

"It is yours" Came Faith's voice from somewhere. "Where are we?" Kol asked but no reply came.

"Oh look she's opening her eyes." Said a female voice.
The dark room suddenly started to fill with light. Everyone shielded their faces with their hands.

As they regained their posture, they saw a red haired woman standing in front of them, with her back facing them.

A man was standing beside her, his long blonde hairs tied up in a small pony, he wore expensive, more like royal clothes.

"It's Nik" Rebekah whispered the unwanted.

1017 AD

"Would you like to hold her?" The woman asked as she turned back. She was beautiful. She had long red hairs and despite the dark circles under her eyes she looked mesmerizing. She was wearing a long white robe and in place of lush jewellery she was adorned with beautiful flowers and green roots as bracelet. Her smile almost angelic.

They were in a big room with a large bed with curtains. There were no windows , fire torches being the only source of light. The light fell on woman's eyes, they were a mix of blue and green, a very rare and special colour.

"That's my mother, Selene" Came Faith's voice. Klaus turned towards his left to see Faith standing near him.

"She was beautiful" Hope said. Faith smiled sadly "she was" and continued "Now watch silently. I cannot control my memories and also watch them alongside you. Bye" she disappeared.

"Do not be shy, Nik. Here" Selene said as she forwarded the baby to Klaus. With shaking hands and uneven breathe, Klaus forwards his hands to hold the little baby wrapped around in a piece of cloth.

As he brought the baby closer, the baby stirred and slightly opened her eyes. The air around changed and aroma of flowers filled the air. It was always the as if the air was caressing the child and the floral aroma was radiating off her.

Klaus's eyes widened in surprise.It was almost as if he was looking in the mirror. The little girl had the same blue eyes as him. A small smile made its way onto his lips.

He adjusted the baby on his left hand and brought his right hand forward to touch the baby's face. He traced his finger on her head bringing it down to her cheeks caressing it softly.