Prologue, Synopsis, & Author's Note

It is said the first Angels fell the day humanity passed The Black Horizon. The point of no return. Their presence on earth serves as a reminder that the world as we know it is coming to an end.

It is also said that one of the beautiful, cursed creatures defied heavenly law and seduced the Queen of Gardenia, causing her to conceive an abomination.

I, Evangeline Vlahos, am that abomination.

On the day of my birth, the heavens bestowed my fate upon me: to be plagued with madness and destined to succumb to eternal sleep at 21 years old. Kill me before then, however, and everyone else will succumb to the curse instead.

I was going to be Queen of Gardenia. I was going to grow up and marry Prince Leander Vincenzio of Forsythia, our allies at the time. I was going to live an incredible life.

But Forsythia would never recognize a half-angel, bastard queen on their ally's throne. So the Vincenzio royal family demanded that I be locked away and never legitimized as the Vlahos heir.

In order to avoid war, the Vlahos family bitterly agreed, thus forming the vicious rivalry between our two nations.

And so the ruthless kingdoms decided that I, the Queen's bastard daughter, would be locked away for eternity.

Far, far away from the throne.

But things never go exactly as planned, do they?
...
Synopsis:
Born as the half-angel, bastard daughter of the Queen of Gardenia, 18 year old Evangeline Vlahos was cursed to go mad and fall into an eternal sleep at 21 years old. All this time she has been locked away, awaiting her fate. But everything changes the day she chooses to escape, when the rival kingdom launches a coup on her family and she is forced to cooperate with her enemy, Crown Prince Leander. While fighting her forbidden feelings for Ambrose, the fallen angel she can never have, and her infuriating attraction to Leander, the prince who would never let anyone else have her, she soon finds herself entangled in schemes to use her as a tool for tyranny. As enemies gather on the horizon, will Evangeline save her kingdom before her time runs out, or will she succumb to her curse with a broken heart?
...

Hello Angel, thank you for checking out my story! My goal is to make it as fun, angsty, and dramatic as possible.

The story and lore are works of fiction and have no relation to real world, historical, or religious concepts.

Make sure to vote, comment, share, and subscribe! Enjoy the ride