6 • C - School Festival: Two!

Kyoro and Hirata, and Ike and Sudō both placed first during the three-legged race, lucky enough for the class.

When it boiled down to the girl's turns, the bizarre pair of Kikyō and Suzune were unable to produce results, and came in last due to Suzune's injury.

Kyoro knew what was going to happen. He couldn't let what his intelligence knew would happen because he was too nice. With the ten minute break in between the next event, he made his decision.

"You're done." Kyoro said with a hand on his hip.

"Excuse me? You don't get to make that dec—"

"I do. And I will. His plan is obvious. Your stubbornness won't hinder us like you think it will. He's not aiming to win." Kyoro said with a glare. "To break me? You think I'm that weak?" Suzune asked with her own.

"...there's nothing wrong with a pawn trying to protect its queen. This isn't about just physical harm..." Kyoro said with a sigh. "Participate. But bear it. Show him you don't go down as easily as he expects you to." Kyoro added. Suzune turned, and balled her fists.

"I'll never understand you." She said walking away.

"You're not supposed to..." Kyoro whispered to himself, shifting his gaze over to the girls preparing for the cavalry battle.

As expected, Suzune was completely overwhelmed upon Ryūen's orders.

Class C made a direct dash for Suzune's unit, and took her headband after a swift brawl.

Karuizawa, the other jockey of Class D's units attempted to rescue the group. But Ichinose was quick to intervene, resulting in the halt of assistance. Eventually, Karuizawa claimed a headband, while Suzune's unit fell.

In the end, the White Team only lost two horsemen, but the Red Team lost horribly, suffering a great loss. Kyoro expected and predicted the blatant assault on Suzune, and watched as she stomped back over to the tent with her teeth grit.

"Sudō." Kyoro called out, seeing the worry all over his face.

"Truce?" Kyoro asked sticking out his fist. Sudō smirked, meeting his fist with determination shrouding his eyes.

"Truce." Sudō said making the two grin.

Kyoro closed his eyes and tied his headband over his forehead, glaring forward from atop the ultimate Class D horseman.

Sudō in the front, Hirata on the right, and Miyake on the left, and Kyoro as jockey, his small frame, hand-eye coordination, and agility meant he was perfect.

Certainly not because he was too small to be a horse...

"Alright, Kyoro," Sudō began. "Focus on not falling and keeping your headband. Okay?" Sudō asked.

"Ah, right. Cause I want it to be stolen..." Kyoro muttered.

"Remember the strategy. Strength in numbers, so as soon as it starts, we join with Class A and attack as a team!" Hirata reminded. "Right." The other units agreed.

The signal went off, and immediately, Class A and D formed to make the now fearless Red Team, standing off against the obvious Tyrant General Ryūen, who only cackled in response to their strategy.

Upon Katsuragi's orders, the eight horsemen from the Red Team charged towards the White Team's forces. With the mass of the Red Team all jumbled up, Sudō made his move and charged towards the frontlines.

"Aim for that shitty Ryūen's head! Send him packing!" He yelled.

A horseman from Class B rushed to intercept, but Sudō tore through and knocked them off balance. While a unit was out of the running, no one claimed any points from the tumble.