7 • A - Finals Arc

Kyoro yawned as the second semester continued to ensue.

He was sitting in his chair with the usual straight faced frown, barely any emotion visible on his lazy mug.

The only thing of note during this semester was Class D's slow and steady improvement as individuals. Even Sudō was more studious after his talk or whatever with Suzune.

Speaking of the Devil...

"Are you by yourself?" She asked, standing beside his desk.

"...yeah." He answered, a bit of sadness in his eyes.

"Your dear friends Sudō-kun, Ike-kun, and Yamauchi-kun haven't been inviting you out much. That right?" She asked.

Silence.

"It's hardly surprising. They used to see you as one of the terrible-student/athletes just like them. After the discovery of your talents, they don't see you as one of them anymore." Suzune deducted.

"It's natural to resent those that excel. I'll be fine." Kyoro replied. Suzune nodded, wishing him the best internally.

She would soon regret that.

She left, her long black lock swaying as she trotted away. Kyoro resisted the temptation to look lower, and placed his head in his hands.

"What am I doing wrong...?" He asked himself, not realizing only three other students were in the class after a few seconds.

Karuizawa's glance was caught with his own, and she quickly darted her eyes elsewhere. Kyoro slowly looked to his right as well, accepting the usual skeptical gaze.

But that wasn't the issue.

Karuizawa quickly stood up, her chair screeching a bit and catching the other three's attention.

With her announcing her departure, she walked all the way from the front of the classroom to the back of the classroom, stealing glances at Kyoro the entire time.

She turned on her heel fluidly, and left out of the back door, no one able to see her flustered face as she parted.

Something else was caught, though.

'...No way.' Kyoro began with his eyes widening. 'She shortened her skirt... she's flirting with me. It was so obvious. Don't tell me she's over Hirata already.' Kyoro thought rubbing his eyes, confusion all over his face.

And it would only grow.

"Hey, Keikēko-kun." One of the last two students called out, walking up to his desk. Kyoro shook his head a bit and looked up, seeing a dark magenta-haired gyaru, dressed similarly to Karuizawa, excluding the skirt-length change.

"Yes?" Kyoro asked politely.

"I, uh... um... need a few things." The girl said pretty timidly, a surprising reaction despite her displayed category of fashion and aesthetic. "Well, it's like this. Can I borrow you for a bit? I'd like to talk." She requested.

"Alright." Kyoro replied, willing to listen.

"Wait. Not here. Can we do this somewhere else?" She asked, and her nervous smile finally reminded Kyoro her name.

Satou Maya. She never interacted with him before, so why now...

"Fine with me." Kyoro said with a shrug. She began to make her leave, and Kyoro followed.

The last student was stunned, but could only let out a gasp. Sakura was nervously staring at the two departing, but was soothed when Kyoro acknowledged her with a wave.