4 • Summer Exam Arc

Kyoro was nervously sitting next to Chabashira-sensei in a theater. Suddenly she spoke up making Kyoro turn to her.

"A few days ago, a certain man contacted the school." Chabashira-sensei stated. "Is it my aunt? If it's about if I have a girlfriend yet, please tell him no..." Kyoro said with a face palm. "No, kid. They said, 'Expel Keikēko Kyoro.'" Chabashira-sensei informed. Kyoro's eyes widen and he began to think. 'Who would want me expelled and why?' He asked himself. "I don't know who that person was, but you can't expel me without reason... right?" Kyoro asked.

"Naturally. So long as you're a student here, the rules protect you. Of course, if you cause any trouble, that's another matter altogether." Chabashira-sensei replied. Kyoro began to think again before frowning. "Sorry to inform you, but unlike the arrogant Icarus, I don't pick fights with the sun." Kyoro said placing his head in his palm. "Your intentions aren't a factor. If I decide you're a problem, that's what you are." Chabashira-sensei said without looking at him. "Are you... threatening me?" Kyoro asked with an eyebrow raised, his eyes beginning to glow. "I'm offering a trade. If you will keep attempting to reach Class A, I'll cover for you, unilaterally. A good deal, don't you think?" Chabashira-sensei asked. Kyoro just sighed and closed his eyes. "Normally that would be out of the question— But since I promised Horikita, it doesn't matter anyway. I guess we have a deal..." Kyoro said leaning back in his chair. "You call yourself a teacher?" Kyoro asked with an annoyed chuckle. "Glad you've made your decision. You're a lot more cooperative than I thought you'd be." She replied as the play ended and the lights went out.

"Yeah, yeah. This has been entertaining, I'm starting to act like my normal self more and more everyday... kinda conflicting since that's what caused... never mind." Kyoro said with a tear leaking down his cheek. "I know about what happened. You can talk about it if you'd like." Chabashira-sensei said side-eying him.

"Then you know that it's what caused my parents' deaths." Kyoro said trying to walking away. Chabashira-sensei grabbed his hand and looked at him softly. "It'll be okay." She said but Kyoro just wiped his tear away and looked down. "I'll make it okay..." He responded and walked up a flight of stairs and looked at the night sky and the shining sea. That's right, Kyoro was currently on a cruise with the other first years. 'If only I could've controlled it sooner... I've been cursed since that day, but... I'm going to make these eyes useful for my redemption. I won't lose anyone like I lost them...' Kyoro thought looking at the moon.

~•~

Kyoro was sitting on the railing of the boat the next day. He was wearing a light blue shirt that had the kanji for t-shirt, a pair of black shorts, and light blue sneakers. He was a couple meters away from Kikyō, Kei, Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudō.

'This place would cost thousands if I bought a ticket as an individual...' Kyoro thought kicking his feet.

A while had passed and Kyoro was standing behind the three idiots in a menacing stance, his hands in his pockets and his back to them.

"I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna tell Kushida-chan how I feel!" Ike exclaimed. "Are... are you serious?" Yamauchi asked. Ike stood up with a determined face. "To do nothing and live a like of regret..." he said taking of his shades. "Would be pretty lame, huh?" He finished. Kyoro began laughing silently hearing his words. "Ike..." Sudō said covering his mouth. "You go do that, big guy." Kyoro said stifling a laugh. "Okay! Here I go!" Ike said and walked up to Kikyō.

"What is it, Ike-kun?" Kikyō asked. "Kushida-chan... C... C... C-Could I call you by your given name?!" Ike said bowing his head. He lifted his head with a blush. "C-Can I? Can I call you Kikyō-chan?" He asked again. "Sure! Can I call you Kanji-kun, then?" Kikyō asked with a smile. Ike froze up as his jaw dropped. "Kanji-kun?" Kikyō asked. Suddenly he fell to his knees and screamed, "Kikyō-chan!"