1 • Midterm Arc...

'I think there's a question that I should ask: Are we human beings truly equal? Nowadays, people don't stop talking about the need for equality. A man once said, "Heaven does not create one person above or below another." I don't think the quote ends there... keyword I think. I'm not as knowledgeable as you'd think. Oh, wait! I remember— it actually says we are equal at birth, but then gaps appear. That the differences are the result of one's academic efforts, or lack thereof. Why did use that word...? It didn't even sound right. At any rate, humans are capable of thinking for themselves. "Equality" may be a false concept, but our inequality remains a difficult thing to accept.'

These were the thought of a man with Purple/Lavender, medium-length, spiky hair. Yeah, Protag-kun of course. He was on a bus, his destination: Advanced Nurturing High School.

"Excuse me... could you give up your seat?" Said a girl with short, light brown hair. The male looked over and saw she asked another male, one with long blonde hair and a very punchable face— wait sorry. Can't think like that. "That's a priority seat. I think you should let this elderly lady sit here."

"My, my, pretty girl." The blonde began. "While it may be a priority seat, there is no law requiring me to relinquish it. You want me to give up my seat just because I am young?" He said arrogantly, finishing with a laugh. "Nonsense, pure and simple. Even if I am young, standing consumes more stamina than sitting. Why should I do something so detrimental with no benefit to myself?" He asked.

"I think you'd be contributing to society. And this lady seems to be having trouble staying upright..." the girl tried to reason.

"I have no interest in contributing to society. Besides..." he said pushing his hair up dramatically. "What about those sitting in other seat—"

"Okay, now you're making a scene." Said a soft voice. The three turned and saw the purple haired male standing up. "Ma'am you can take my seat." He said before guiding the elderly lady to his previous seat. "Thank you, young man." She said with a smile. "Oh, it's no issue." He said walking over to the girl from before. "Besides, it seems I've got plenty more stamina than him." He whispered into the girls ear earning a giggle from her.

"Thank you. My name is Kushida Kikyō, nice to meet you..."

She began, looking for his name

She began, looking for his name. "Keikēko Kyoro, and p-please don't let the name change your view of me, I'm just a little observant." He said nervously. "Well, your first impression was good. So you have nothing to worry about." She admit. "Thank you." He said with a smile. The two began to ride in a comfortable silence.

~•~

The bus stopped and the students began to leak out of the bus. Our protagonist, Kyoro, walked off of the bus with a stoic face before he heard a voice behind him.

 Our protagonist, Kyoro, walked off of the bus with a stoic face before he heard a voice behind him