q u a r a n t i n e

omg such a cute vibeeee
art by @sweetbluerose1 on Instagram!

Prompt: the two muffins get bored in quarantine. (let's pretend it's still 2020)
—————

"Can you believe it? Quarantine is getting extended!"

"Well it's good." Darryl responded as he read a novel.

"Oh~ cause you're stuck here with me..?" Zak smiled devilishly.

"No!" Darryl chuckled and looked at him, "it's just- flattening the curve."

"nuooo~ it's fat- tuning da cove." Zak mocked him, "you're just trying to sound smart!"

"Wha- but it's true."

"Ugh, this sucks though."

"I don't mind it."

Zak wondered if that was supposed to be flirty, but decided it wasn't. "That's cause you're such an introvert!" Zak stated, "I miss hanging out with my friends."

Darryl made an oh-well face and patted the area beside him, signaling for Zak to sit there, which he did.

"What are you reading?" He grew curious.

"It's nothing."

"You've been reading it for almost half an hour now."

"Well.. I like the story."

"Tell me about it." Zak laid his head on Darryl's shoulder. He couldn't help but blush lightly from the action.

"Uh- the story's not bad," Darryl tried to explain, "The title's 'Wall of Lies', it's also on Wattpad, pretty sure the author would appreciate it if anyone checked it out. Well, that's my guess. I think it's called Boy's love? A fan sent it to me."

"What's boy's love?"

"It's gay love basically, about two males, romance and stuff."

"Oh," Zak responded, "Isn't that where guys can get pregnant?"

"They can??!"

Zak giggled from his reaction, "Well- that's what I heard..." Darryl eventually returned to reading his novel, something about it had sparked his curiosity.

"Darryl.."

"Mmm?"

"So you like BL?"

"I mean- it doesn't matter as long as the story's good."

"Then do you like guys?"

"I- I uhm, Zak." Instantly, Darryl was flustered from the unexpected question. "Why are you asking me this..?"

"I'm just curious!" Zak chuckled.

"Then let me ask you this Zak, do you?"

Zak wasn't ready to answer it himself. Without officially accepting his feelings, he knew he had felt something towards his best friend. He was right in front of him. "Maybe I do..?"

"What do you mean?" Darryl started to lower his novel in hand.

"Like- I don't really like dudes, but I don't know why you're different." Zak had blurted his thoughts and started panicking as a result, "WAIT- AHH t-tHat's NOT what I meant- I.."

Darryl had a did-I-just-mishear-that face while he looked at Zak. "Wait... Do you- like me?" Darryl put his book down, it was clear he was serious.

Zak looked at Darryl for a moment, "Ah sh*t."

"Language!!"

"I wasn't going to tell you like this." Zak fidgeted with his hands, "I don't know when it happened."

"So you do like me." Darryl stated, "I thought you knew though..?"

"Knew what?"

"That I like you too."

—————
a/n: a disguised ad lol...
shamelessly self-promoting my new story.
"Wall of Lies"

Go check it out if you have time!! 💖
It's a school au and it's as fluffy as my doggo :)
ALSO!! Dreamnotfound is there! A lot of you guys say that it's underrated and I wholeheartedly agree hehe. It's super cute so please enjoy!

—————