Chapter Fifteen

Aidan's P.O.V.

A few days after Serena left for tour, it felt like there was a hole in my heart. A hole that could only be filled by Serena's love. But, I knew she wouldn't want me to be down while she was away, so I tried to act like it was a normal day. I tried to fall back asleep, waiting for the time to pass, but the most sleep I could get was at least a few minutes. "Ugh! It's hopeless!" I muttered to myself, burying my face into the white sheets. The sweet coconut scent of Serena filled my nose, making me long for her even more.

"Aidan buddy, you still sleeping?" I heard Dad's voice call from the living room. I immediately sat up in the bed, glancing at the alarm clock to see that it was already 10:00 am. "Uh, y-yeah! Wait, no! I-I'm up, Dad!" I stuttered, rushing over to my suitcase, grabbing a random set of clothes, and quickly getting changed, walking out of the room as I parted my hair to the side.

"You're usually up early in the morning," Mom commented from the kitchen as she turned the stove on, starting to make breakfast. "Well, it's the weekend. I thought maybe I could sleep in a little," I said as I grabbed my phone, wondering if Serena posted anything yet. To my surprise, she posted something to her Instagram story.

"What's up, Victoria? Please come to the show at the V-Lounge tonight! The concert starts at 7:30, So, if you're around, please, come join! I'd love to meet you guys! Bye!" She smiled, blowing a kiss to the camera. She looks so happy. I don't think anything could ruin this tour for her. "Have you talked to Serena lately?" Dad inquired, sitting next to me, taking a sip from his coffee mug.

"I talked to her yesterday about the package, remember?" He slightly nodded his head before proceeding to take another sip. "Did she order the chocolates?" Mom questioned. "Not off the top of her head. She said she didn't," I answered. She placed the plates of breakfast in front of us, and Dad and I ate like a pack of starving hyenas. Even though we had dinner a little later the previous night, I was still a little hungry. As I about to wash my plate in the sink, the hotel landline started ringing, and I rushed over to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked, placing the phone close to my ear. The person on the other end sounded just like the woman at the front desk, and she told us that there was yet another package waiting for us. My mouth dropped open with confusion, and I wondered where the hell these packages were coming from, as well as who was sending them. "Are you coming down to pick it up or not?" The woman asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah. I'm on my way down," I said, hanging up the phone and rushing to the main floor, wanting to see what was in this box. Like the last time, the woman handed me a small box that seemed light. But this time, it had a little weight added to it. I sat the box on my bed, opening it with the small knife, and this time, the contents of the package seemed more targeted towards Serena.

Inside, there was more candy, like starburst and gummy bears. Not only that, but the box also contained a book. I picked it up and flipped it over. The title read, "10 Stupid Things Men Do When They Are In Love." Curiously, I flipped to the first page and saw that my name was written in black sharpie. And every other page in the book.

My heart started beating against my ribcage, and I internally panicked. It became clear at that moment that we were not dealing with strange gifts from a stranger.

We were dealing with the strange gifts from a stalker.

*******

Serena's P.O.V.

The hours leading up to the concert went by slower than I had expected, and when it was finally my time to shine, I was ecstatic. Happy that I was going to see my fans again. I sat backstage, taking large sips from my water and trying to remember every single lyric to my songs. I was determined not to make a mistake, knowing that the tabloids would be brutal.

But then, Aidan's voice suddenly filled my head, telling me not to put pressure to be perfect but to try the best I could. "And now, may I introduce you to Serena Waterbury!" The host smiled. I ran on stage, microphone in hand. The audience erupted with applause as the spotlights shown brightly on me, almost giving me a halo of light.

"Wow! I'm so happy to be here performing for you guys!" I spoke into the mic, making the audience cheer louder. I was almost positive that their cheers could be heard from outside the venue. "To kick things off, how about we start with one of my newest songs?" I said, giving T.J. the single to play the demo.

Serena: We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain
We jumped, never asking why
We kissed, I fell under your spell.
A love no one could deny

Don't you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you
I can't live a lie running for my life
I will always want you

I came in like a wrecking ball
I never hit so hard in love
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me

I put you high up in the sky
And now, you're not coming down
It slowly turned you let me burn
And now, we're ashes on the ground

Don't you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you
I can't live a lie running for my life
I will always want you

I came in like a wrecking ball
I never hit so hard in love
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was wreck me

I came in like a wrecking ball
Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung
Left me crashing in a blazing fall
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me

I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
And instead of using force
I guess I should've let you win
I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
I guess I should've let you win

I came in like a wrecking ball
All you ever did was wreck me

I came in like a wrecking ball
Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung
Left me crashing in a blazing fall
All you ever did was wreck me
Yeah, you, you wreck me

Loud cheers and clapping filled the lounge, and I started smiling so brightly as the thunderous applause continued. "We love you, Serena!" A few fans shouted from the front of the crowd. Other fans soon followed suit, and out of the corners of my eyes, I could feel tears of happiness form. "You guys are awesome! Oh my goodness!" I chuckled. The audience started screaming louder as the cheering my name continued, ceasing after about two minutes.

And soon, we were moving on to the next song.