Chapter Seventeen

Aidan's P.O.V.

My mind was scattered all over the place, and I swear it felt like I was about to go insane. This upcoming week was going to keep me up on my feet. The producers had recently added new scenes to Episode 8, and I was going to have to learn a fight scene and memorize it within 48 hours. On top of that, I was dealing with the stalker that kept sending us packages that were becoming increasingly creepy.

Just thinking about it was giving me a splitting headache.

I sat in my trailer, my head resting in my hands as I prayed that the throbbing  would go away. The door opened, making me look up to see that it was Blake. "Hey, Steve wanted me to tell you that they're gonna need you on set in twenty minutes," he explained when I asked him what he was doing in here. "Hey, you alright? You're looking a little stressed," Blake sat down on the sofa next to me, trying to push me into telling him what was wrong.

Blake and I had never been close on set because of our different schedules. But, from the time we did spend together, he seemed like a nice guy. "Aidan, dude. Please tell me what's going on. I can't help you if you don't tell me," Blake said in a soft tone. But, to me, it sounded shrill in my ears. He was the only person at the moment I could talk to about my situation, so I took this chance. "Alright, I'll tell you. But it's a lot to unpackage," I warned.

"I can handle it," He assured. I started with everything, admitting to him the loneliness with Serena being on tour, strange packages with strange gifts, and recently love letters. No matter how hard I tried to get the front desk to refuse the packages and letters, they said there was nothing they could do about it. "Oh my. I can see why you're stressed. To be honest, I never imagined you being so stressed out. You hide it so well," Blake pointed out.

"Well, I've reached my breaking point. And I don't know how much longer I can hold on. What if this guy or girl tries to track us down and put a bullet in our heads? Or what if they show up to one of the concerts and try to kidnap Serena?" Blake placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, and I met his kind brown eyes. "Aidan, relax. Take a deep breath, okay?" He slowly breathed in, encouraging me to follow his lead. I eventually complied and started breathing just like him. "You'll get through this. And I promise nothing is going to happen to Serena. She's a smart girl, and she can take care of herself,"

I let out a small chuckle, knowing full well it was the truth. She may have been through some tough shit over the years, but she survived and continued to push through. "Yeah, she's a fighter," I nodded, instantly wondering how she was doing as she made her way to Ontario.

********

Serena's P.O.V.

With every stop of the tour, I got to admire and enjoy all the surroundings and live in the moment with every performance. As I serenaded the small crowd, I couldn't help but eventually wonder what it would be like to perform in large arenas. And not just small venues. But, I would cross that bridge when I got to it. Being back at The Rockpile felt weird. I didn't have to introduce myself to the owner or have a tour around the venue. I remembered Kate, the manager, all too well.

Specifically, I remembered when we were talking about an hour before my show back in January. The painful process that came to making music and getting motivated to write. She had admitted to me that before she started working at The Rockpile, she had always aspired to be a singer but couldn't seem to find the best scheduling to work on her upcoming Country pieces. "The best you can do is try to write whenever you feel inspired or motivated. Get yourself into a groove, and you'll eventually learn how to fall into it over time," I advised her.

That advice was actually the same thing Vanessa had given me when she discovered my talent for singing. Man, I miss her so much. I hope we can hang out as soon as filming wraps up. "Serena!" Kate called out, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I inquired. "I asked if you needed a little something to drink before you go on stage," I shook my head, revealing that I had a water jug with me. She gave an understanding nod before going back to her station, preparing to introduce me to the crowd of fans and regulars.

The moment I stepped onto the stage, the crowd instantly started cheering, and I saw a few familiar faces in the crowd. Some of the fans were from my concerts in Vancouver, Winnipeg, and even Charlottetown. The show went on, just like it always did. Every couple of songs, people would shout out song suggestions as I asked them what I should cover next, and to which I gladly played for them.

"You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye, and I got that red lip classic thing that you like. And when we go crashing down, we come back every time. Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style," I sang as I finished singing one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs. The crowd had cheered louder than before. "Slay Queen!" I heard a fan shout out. And soon, I heard more people shout out the same thing. As well as "We love you, Serena!" and "Aidrena Rocks!"

As I wrapped up the last song of the night, everyone was cheering when they heard I would be having a meet and greet. "Wow. That was exhilarating, wasn't it?" I asked, looking over at T.J. Usually, she would respond with a nod or a small smile. But the look on her face was entirely different. "What's wrong?" I asked, slowly walking towards her. I didn't notice at first, but I caught glimpse of her phone being clutched tightly in her right hand.

Her eyes were as wide as saucers, and she was slightly trembling. "T.J, you're scaring me. What is it?" I asked. She handed it to me, revealing a post that she recently made on her Instagram. It seemed innocent enough, a video of me singing According To You. I scrolled down the comments, curious to see what some of the fans were saying.

Tjmcgibbon: Slay girl! Screw those toxic people!

IloveAidan11: You go, girl!

Five&NickysWife: I don't know how Aidan deserves a girl like you, but you two are made for each other like peanut butter and jelly!

Aidan'sLover: Five&NickysWife I think you mean peanut butter and marshmallows! 😊

SerenaWaterburyHatePage: No, Aidan doesn't deserve to be with a fat pig like her.

UmbrellaGirl: Shut up SerenaWaterburyHatePage no one needs your toxicity!

Anonymous234: SerenaWaterburyHatePage is right. Aidan should break up with her! She's not skinny enough for him!

Anonymous666: Someone needs to shut her up permanently. She has such a loudmouth.

Five&NickysWife: Anonymous666, You're being creepy man stop.

Anonymous666: Five&NickysWife I'm just stating the truth. She better keep her mouth shut. Otherwise, she'll be in big trouble. 🔪😈