Epilogue

1 Year Later...

Serena's P.O.V.

It took almost a year for me to recover from the car accident. I had to go through physical therapy. As well as see a counselor and doctor to help cope with the flashbacks from the accident. I was doing alright now, but I would still get occasional flashbacks from when the car sped into the pillar and crashed. 

A few weeks into my recovery, we had received word that the police had discovered Cameron and Eden's hiding spot in a nearby motel. They went there in hopes of arresting them and putting an end to all this madness. But, the moment they burst into the room, Cameron and Eden had taken their own lives, not wanting to rot in prison for the rest of their lives for hit and run, attempted murder, and aggravated stalking. And it turns out that they were also behind the creepy messages and packages sent to our hotel. I was angry that they took themselves out, but at the same time, relieved that this had ended, and Aidan and I could go on about our lives.

Three Years Later...

"Aidan? Can you help me zip up the back of my dress?" I called out as we were getting ready to head to the 2024 Grammy Awards. I had been working hard to produce and record new music, and recently, one of my songs had hit the Top 10 charts and was nominated for three Grammys. "Of course, sweetie," Aidan walked into our bedroom, adjusting his tie. I watched him through the circular mirror as he pulled the zipper up, resting his head on my shoulder as we stared at the beautiful Champagne-colored dress I had picked out for this occasion.

 I watched him through the circular mirror as he pulled the zipper up, resting his head on my shoulder as we stared at the beautiful Champagne-colored dress I had picked out for this occasion

"You look gorgeous as always," he whispered huskily against my neck before kissing it. "Thanks, darling, we should probably start heading out now," I said, looking over at him, kissing the top of his head before we walked out. At the awards ceremony, the entire venue was crowded with both rising and big superstars, all competing for a Grammy. I was nervous, but at the same time, I kept myself composed as I got to meet some of the biggest stars like Cardi B, Billie Eilish, and even Taylor Swift!

An hour had gone by as they announced the winners for the male category. Aidan also had a nomination, but unfortunately, didn't win. But, he kept himself calm and composed, telling me that there was always next year. "You'll get one eventually, Aidan," I smiled, kissing his cheek as they were getting ready to announce the winners for the female category. My nominations were for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Pop Solo Performance, & Best New Artist. As they reached Best New Artist, I began to feel my mouth become dry, my palms sweating as the anticipation was killing me.

"And the award goes to..." One of the two hosts said, opening the envelope and read out the name. "Serena Waterbury, Halo!" I couldn't believe it. I had won a Grammy! I had just started making it big, and now I had a Grammy, something that I had only dreamed about since I was a child. I walked onto the stage, my hands shaking as they placed the award in my hands. "Oh my gosh, I have so many people to thank. First of all, I want to thank my manager, Joseph, and my co-producers Steve and Theresa. I appreciate your help with this song. I also want to thank Lauren & Rob for supporting me and always being there for me. And lastly, I want to thank Aidan, my boyfriend, my everything. Thank you for being there and supporting and loving me no matter what. I love you, and I always will. Thank you!"