~2~

~2~

I sat opposite of him in the coffee shop, we hadn’t said anything yet to each other. He had only ordered something for us both. I looked at the cup in front of me, feeling somehow very nervous. I had also still not asked for his name. But he also seemed a little nervous, so I hadn’t even thought of asking.

“U-um..”

“Yes!” because I was so nervous I almost shouted it at him. He suddenly looked taken back, and I immediately regretted my sudden shout. Not that I had ever meant to shout in the first place.

“S-sorry.”

“It’s alright” he laughed a little, scratching the back of his neck. “I wanted to ask if you even like coffee. I mean, you haven’t touched it at all yet.”

I didn’t want to say that I didn’t like it because he had bought it. But I also didn’t want to say that I did, because then I would have to drink it. And that I absolutely didn’t want.

“Um.. I haven’t really ever drunk coffee.”

I thought that would be the best thing I could tell him. But then he looked shocked, and I didn’t understand what it was I had said that was so shocking.

“Really? Never? How did you live all this time?”

What? Now I am really confused. I thought to myself as I could only look at him with confusion on my face. He seemed to notice and laughed a little more.

“Never had coffee. That’s fine, you don’t need to drink it if you don’t want to.”

Then suddenly I remembered that I never really talked to him before. I had to ask! Had to ask why he would suddenly want to get coffee if he had never talked to me before.

“W-why did you want to go here I-if you never even talked to me?” I was still quite nervous.

He smiled at me with a soft smile. Leaning in a little closer, he put his left elbow up on the table and put his chin in his hand.

“I caught you looking at me yesterday,”

Oh shit! Did he really? I couldn’t stop, I was lost in my thoughts. I thought, slightly in shock.

“Really?”

“Yeah, You had such a sweet look on you face, and it made me wonder what you were thinking. So what were you thinking about?” that was it? that was all he wanted to know?

“I was thinking about spring break.” I wasn’t sure if I should have told him more or not. But if he wanted to know more he would have to ask. I wasn’t planning on telling him any more than that any way.

“Are you going somewhere this spring break then?” he asked, curling the stray hairs behind his ear, he leaned a little closer toward me.

“Maybe.”

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know”

I didn’t want to say that we were maybe going to a hot spring. If Kasami got a break from her job, then she, Zero and I would all go there. I was kind of looking forward to it, because I wouldn’t have to be home for the entire break. That meant I could relax and not worry about anything at home.

“What do you mean ‘I don’t know’, is it that it’s not certain if you are going away at all?”

“I guess you could say that.”

“But if you are, where are you going?” he leaned in a little more. If he were to lean in any more then I would run for my live! So as to stop me from bolting, I leaned back a little. He didn’t budge and stayed right where he was.