~11~

~11~

After a long time in that fucked up train to home, I was finally back. My mood had not gotten better, in fact, it had gotten worse. And anyone who tried to talk to me or even dared to look at me just got a glare. And of course when I came home, Kasami wasn't there and Zero was nowhere to be found either. I took my bag to my room and tossed it towards my wardrobe. Then I sat down cross-legged on my bed.

So where could they be? Where would I find Itachi? How would I even begin? All these questions that danced around in my mind, yet there was no answer dancing with them. And I had no clue where to start. Then a thought came to mind, what would Itachi do? And where would he take them? I still didn't have an answer but at least I had something. But the only problem was, trying to think like him was something really difficult. Even before I tried to kill him, getting into his head was just to hard.

Then the doorbell went and I was sure it would be Mikoto, I knew he would follow me home, so why not just ring the doorbell. So making my way down and to the front door, I threw it open and yelled at him.

"What the hell are you-" I stopped mid sentence because it wasn't him. Instead I asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were. Wong?" She looked at me with one eyebrow raised, disappearing in the fringe of her long black hair.

"No. Come in, Suzume. You know, you could also call me." I told her as she came in and took off her shoes, leaving me to close the door.

"Why would I call when I can just as well see you in person?" She asked with a cheerful voice as she turned to me after taking off her shoes.

"Fine, whatever. But I have been in a bad mood since I got home." Then it hit me. She was also a friend of Kasumi. "Hey, have you heard anything from Kasumi in the past week?"

"Yeah, before you left. why?" So not like a day before I came back or so.

"Well, she left me with Zero and I haven't heard from her since." I didn't think it was a good idea to tell her of all people, that her best friend just disappeared.

"That's odd. Don't you think we should do something? Why would she leave? We have to do something!" With the amount of worry in her voice, I got the feeling that bringing it up in the first place was already a bad idea.

"I don't know what to do. And as for why she would leave, I have no idea. That's why I asked you. I thought you might have heard something. But I guess not."

I shrugged as I walked into the living room with her following behind me. We sat down at the dining table; me with my elbows up on the table and my chin resting on top of my hands, she just sat down and stared at me. Most likely waiting for me to start speaking again. When I didn't she sighed and spoke instead.

"So are you planning to do anything about this?" She asked impatiently.

"Yes." I answered simply. I knew she would ask more, because she always did so why give her more than just one word.