Chapter 14: Love Makes Me Sick

After we got back to the house, I pulled out my phone to distract myself from Jacob and Ness' public display of affection. She didn't look pregnant, but like a huge pumpkin that would win a prize at the fair.

Twenty three messages. From Zac.

I didn't feel like answering or talking through my emotions now or ever, so I decided to call him in the morning and just say things were over.

I loved him. I really did, but it is obvious he doesn't feel the same way. Besides, he didn't imprint on me. He can't help if he has feelings for other women becuase he won't ever feel the way I feel about him.

I couldn't help but stare at Bash.

Garrett was talking to Edward and Bella, but I didn't know why.

"How was your night?" Ness asked.

"It definitely isn't one of my top favorite nights," I reply.

"You're sounding like Edward," Bella says as she walks through the doorway. Edward stands behind her. He then kisses the top of her head.

I cannot stand all the love in the room! Ugh!

"You're normally pretty good about controlling your thoughts. I am sorry."

"We all are," Bella adds.

"What am I sorry for?" Jacob asks.

"You're not. It doesn't matter, " I answer bitterly.

"Skylar, say you are sorry," Bella commands.

"You don't get it. I'm not."

"Yes, you do," she says commanding me again.

"What's going on in here?" Carsisle and Esme ask in unison as they walk into the living room. Rosealie and Emmett run downstairs into the living room. Everyone is now gathered in the living room including the Denali.

"Sky broke up with Zac," Edward says sympathetically.

"I didn't break up with him," I reply.

"Well, what happened?" Ness asks.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You know it's best to talk about your feelings. And we would love to know what happened," Esme says as Carlisle puts his arm around her.