Chapter 18: THUMP

THUMP.

I looked down, hoping in a sick way that Jacob had done us all a favor. But, his eyebrows were raised like he was smiling.

THUMP.

I turned my head to see if Jacob had committed suicide. But, he was standing. Jacob looked up from the ground. Edward's eyes followed his along with Bella's. In unison, the rest of us turned our heads towards the room.

"Her heart!" Jacob screamed overjoyed. The smile was so optimistic it could've cured cancer.

THUMP. THUMP.

"It's getting stronger!" he screamed again. He jumped up through the broken glass and regained balance. He raced over to Ness' bedside. He stood over her gently. He kissed her red lips and grasped her hand. He traced the pattern of her hand with his finger. His lips moved as if he muttered something, but I couldn't tell.

Edward smiled as if his heart had grown six sizes, and Bella copied him. They jumped into the broken glass covered rug floor and stood by Ness' bedside.

Carlisle pulled out a stethoscope and checked her heart beat. "It's slow, but it's there."

Jacob lifted her hair filled with sweat and sniffed it. "She smells..." he started.

"Like herself," Edward interrupted.

::::::::::

Her heart beat increased over several hours until it was back to her normal heartbeat. Rosalie and Alice cleaned the blood off of her body and dressed her. Jacob helped with a smile on his face.

After a couple hours, she woke up. Jacob was ecstatic and followed her like a puppy. Typical. She was weak, and he carried her for the rest of the week when she wanted to move.

Edward and Bella stayed with Jacob, Reneeseme, and the baby, River.

River was a loud crier, but he slept a lot, so we were able to get him asleep when he cried.

Carlisle ran some tests and examined the baby to see if the baby was human, vampire, werewolf, or some type of mix. But, the baby is too young to really know. The baby has a heartbeat, but smells like a vampire. So, our guess is that he's mostly human with a bit of vampire inside him. He drinks bottles of milk, not blood. Or at least not yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that's all. It was a short chapter, but the drama just started. It's gonna be good so keep up and keep on...

READING

VOTING

COMMENTING

AND FOLLOW ME