Chapter 9: The Past and New Gossip

"Come on!" Zac insists.

"I don't know," I say with a smile.

"Go!" Ness replies. "It will be so much fun!"

"But.." I start, but Ness interrupts me: "I am fine. Go to the party and have fun!"

"Okay."

"Yay!" Ness replies with a smile.

Edward holds Bella's hand as they walk down the stairs.

"We have a surprise for you once you come home," Bella says with a grin.

"Did Edward write me a song called 'Jacob Got Run Over by a Reindeer' ?" I ask.

Edward chuckles and holds up his hand for a high five, so I give him a high five. Bella hits his stomach, which just makes him laugh more.

"Really?" Zac asks.

"Let's just say that would be the best Christmas present ever! Hint, hint!"

"On it!" Edward says with a huge smile.

I look over at Ness to see her infuriated with me and Edward.

"Well, we should go," I say pulling Zac along.

"Aren't you going to apolgize?" Bella asks.

"Not unless you make me because there will never be a good enough reason to say 'I'm sorry.'"

Bella stares at me with her death glare, but I don't budge on my statement.

I pull Zac along towards the door and open it, holding it for Zac.

He follows me to his truck. He opens the car door for me, and I hop in. He walks to the driver's side and hops in as well.

He starts the car and backs out of the driveway.

After we travel a mile seeing no other colors besides green, he speaks up: "That wasn't nice what you said."

"I'm not in the mood to discuss my clever remarks."

"They were also hurtful."

"He could use some hurt."

"Nobody likes to be hurt."

"Then, he should be just like you. You know, a moral compass!"

"What has he done to hurt you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh please Sky!"

"What?"

"Nobody wants to talk about why they are hurting, but if they don't it explodes!" he yells.

"My door is slowly closing!" I yell back.

"Your 'door' is just an excuse not to be honest with anyone!"

I don't say anything. He stares forward. I look down at my clammy hands.

"I'm sorry I was rude," I finally say.

"I'm sorry too."

"But you were being honest apparently unlike me," I say in a sarcastic voice.

"I was wrong. You're just really private."

"But, you are right. I'm never going to be completely honest. I don't tell you everything, so I'm sorry," I say as I turn to him.

"You gonna make up for it?" he asks with a smile.

"Sure. I'm mad at Jacob."

"I know that. Because he made your sister, his wife, stay with him instead of living with her family?"