♕The Philosophers Stone♚

AN : Hello, quickly would like to announce due to some slight confusion from older readers. If you've been following the series for a while, Mrs.Helms was alive instead of Mr.Helms. Recently though I've been going through some heavy editing and changed some things around, so Mr.Helms is alive and Mrs.Helms is dead. So sorry I forgot to tell you all!!!! 

"UUUUUAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Sweating, I jolted awake, screaming and curling up in a ball, my arms flying over my head.

My heart was pumping, adrenaline flowing hot through my veins. I never woke up well but when I was awoken so suddenly from my nightmares I couldn't help but panic.

I tried to calm my shaking and heavy breathing, squeezing my eyes shut and cursing faintly under my breath.

I felt a nudge from underneath my arms, and I wrapped my arms around it.

It was Clem.

I hugged her close, letting her familiarity calm me down. The feeling of her coily mane, her short coarse fur that curled just a bit at the ends. Slowly, I calmed down from my abrupt startlement.

"Ed? Al?" I asked, my voice quiet and trembling. I cleared my throat and called again.

There was silence but I knew they were there, I could feel them there.

"What happened?" I asked.

"... We found out... found out what the philosopher's stone is made of.. The key ingredient.." Ed spoke up. His voice was broken and shaky. 

My gut sunk and my head snapped up to look at them. Something terrible had happened.

Alchemy like this was rarely ever kind.

I didn't want to know, I really didn't, but I couldn't help myself.

"What... is it?"

"Humans."

"H-huh?" I felt the blood in my face drain. My body was shaking, my face was pale. This couldn't be real.

Couldn't be possible.

"It's made of humans!" Ed shouted angrily, throwing his hands in the air, papers fluttering to the ground.

My eyes hurt with how wide they were peeled open, but my face was paralyzed in shock, twisting and darkening into a look of horror and disgust.

Was it really true? It couldn't be- but looking at Ed's face, dark and crestfallen, equally horrified, I could tell that this wasn't some sick joke. 

Ed was smart, this was the disgusting truth. 

The stone... the blood of god...

It was human bodies. Human souls.

"hhh...hhhh....uwUAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

My scream started out as faint, trembling chokes of agony, but as fear and dread sunk it's claws further into me it turned into a blood curling screech. I couldn't even find it in me to cry, I couldn't even find enough room in my heart to mourn at the moment, because I was full of nothing but panic.

Al seemed concerned, but Ed just stood there, his face dark as he stared blankly ahead. Clem scampered off with a whimper into Al's arms, staring at me in fear. I would've liked to calm down, I didn't want to scare them, but the torment was unbearable at the moment of realization. 

Horrible, horrible memories reopened, like a knife gouging at blisters and scars still fresh and hurting, ripping the flesh open without any sympathy.