Chapter Five- The Rise of Dragonborn

The three of them sat on the shore together. Jonathan in-between staring into the water, Alazarr had told him which tunnel would lead them out.

They sat in silence for a couple minutes.

"He didn't actually try to kill me," Jon muttered

"You're ballistic if you think I'll believe that! He made you say that didn't he?!" Aiden talked over Jon's head, "You put a spell on him, didn't you!"

"First of all that's not how it works- and secondly, it was a mistake!" Gannon answered,

"Damn right it was." Aiden retorted.

Jon stood, "Can we just get off the subject??"

"You nearly died, so no." Aiden crossed his arms as he chuckled crossly.

Jon took a breath to bring himself back down again, "Look, Aiden. We need him. He knows things only a mage would know and for what I need to do, I will need the knowledge he has."

"Like I'm going to tell you.." Gannon mumbled.

Aiden's anger flared, his hands turned to fists. "Oh. I could pummel you right now.."

"I dare you." Gannon answered evenly.

Jon gripped his hair in his hands as they trembled with anger, "Guys!" he took a breath, his voice fell to a whisper, his fingers rubbing his temples, "Can we please just get out of here first?!"

He looked at the two of them.

Gannon threw his hands up and let them fall into his lap, "Yeah why not, can't get any worse."

Aiden kept his arms crossed.

"So, what are you going to do?" Gannon asked.

"Something I haven't done before." Jonathan replied with a patient sigh. "Alright stand on shore."

They both stood.

"What now? Are we going to play Simon says?" Gannon asked facetiously.

Aiden pushed his eyebrows together, "Would you just shut up? Please?"

Gannon pushed his wet hair out of his face.

Jon turned to the water he closed his eyes and deepened his breath with a slow exhale.

The palms of his hands facing the water, his fingers manipulating the molecules. His fingers curved pulling them up. Then turning his hands up and lifting them as the resistance made them shake.

First in droplets and then streams floating like tendrils sweeping past his arms.

The shore was left bare as the water collected on the ceiling and back wall and the one tunnel was nearly empty. The massive bubble of water moving and contorting above them, his arms started to shake.

"GO!"

Both of them jumped as Jon said it, mesmerized by the gallons of water warping above them.

"I can't hold this for long! Hurry!"

They rushed over to the tunnel . "Yell when you're out. Okay?" His arms started shaking.

He could hear them sloshing through puddles, he dropped to his knees droplets were raining down and the level was lowering. He grunted pushing it back up with sharp stilted breaths, his lungs still in pain from before.

The moment he heard Aiden it fell all at once pounding into the tunnel and splattering down.

On the other end the water came gushing out in waves showering all of them. "Jon!!" Aiden called.