Chapter Seven- The Sliver City of Lameria

The city was in full view. Dark spires off the towers traced through the clouds gleaming like steel weaving through the salty wind.

The houses were set into the slopes that lead to the sea, a vast port housed trading merchants and their ships. A thick pillar of rock rose from the sea supporting the cliff that became the mountain and upon it was a lavish castle that covered the peak completely.

Everything was built in stone, weathered and stained with rain but still it remained like a shadow awaiting something.

The streets were thick with crowds, a old fisherman walked into Aiden, "Watch it lackey!" He blundered his cheeks were flush with wine. He lurched a bit and wavered away with the rest of the crowds. Aiden attempted to get up when his hand was nailed down for a second as someone stepped on it.

Jon elbowed through and managed to shove their way to the cobblestone wall to the next level of streets.

Aiden sputtered as he rubbed his hand. "I don't remember it being like this."

The gates to the castle loomed before them, here they could see all those crowds had collected at the port.

A ship twice the size as the rest had come in. Aiden hadn't taken notice but Jon hesitated, squinting to try and see who might be arriving.

They entered the throne room.

Meanwhile on the ship had arrived.

One that was regal and carefully designed and whoever it possessed knew of its grandeur. Most of its passengers were the court of Nelavem, and they strutted like peacocks as they walked the gangplank. Their noses were in the air as the richly adorned clothes swayed and swept with jewels as they made their way down to the port.

All except one figure, a slender little thing. Her posture was perfect but her head drooped and her face was veiled, her expression was what one would think was blank but sadness seemed to reside in her gentle eyes.

Her demeanor was not overpowering and pompous. Like the dress she wore, which was a soft lavender grey with embroidery, she walked as if the very ground wouldn't realize she had been there; in fact none of the others gave a thought to look at her. Or to not notice her mood at all. Though they were careful not to get too close to her for some reason.

She came down the plank as if she was nearly floating, following after the parade of peacocks. Another woman followed her, presumably her maid or governor or the like. She too held the same emotion as her Lady did but was more cheerful in order to cover it up. She stood just an inch shorter than her lady.

Her guards surrounded her as she moved to the stairs up to the city where a carriage awaited her to leave for the castle.

As Jonathan and Aiden entered the throne it was crowded with courtiers and advisers they pushed through.

The midday sun poured through the stain glass windows hundreds of feet above them. His footsteps echoed under the marble.

Jonathan briskly ran his fingers through his hair, tucking his shirt in and straightening his jacket.

He jumped as a man started shouting. "I will not have my fate decided for me I have not supported this-I understan-No if it comes to that then we will do it my way. It must change, you cannot rely on such archaic systems!"

His advisers were quietly pleading with him.

He was cut short as Aiden parted through the crowd.

Before them was a tall man wrapped in heavy velvet, he hunched leaning on a bronze staff. A broad golden crown set upon his head brown waves of his hair curved on his shoulders. His stern jaw broke into a smile as he embraced Aiden. "My brother! I thought you couldn't make it!"