Chapter Nine- The Enchanted Circlet

Jon held her arm still as they walked,

Evana sighed, "I wish life could be like this more often. Just doing nothing and enjoying things more."

"No one said it had to stop."

"I know but, I just have so many things that tie me up I don't have the kind of time I used to." Evana said. "-and I don't have the support of my parents here. I'm on my own, and I must act as if I know how to rule.." She chuckled bitterly, "That I am a truly proficient ruler.. yet I am so young will I be able to refuse my foolishness. One can only hope that both of our kingdoms will be unscathed by my naivety."

Jon thought for a while, he kicked the sand it splattered in the retreating wave. He knelt down picking up a tiny conch shell. "Will you go for another walk with me- that is when you have time?" He looked back up.

"I think I can make that happen." Evana replied. "I feel like I've imposed enough. Thank you for helping me a second time."

He handed the shell to her, "You don't have to worry so much. You have me, -and the king, Aiden- all of us are here for you. I realize that being young means there's so much room for mistakes, but I have a feeling you'll be strong enough for them.. and you won't face them alone. I promise."

They reached the pier and Damain came out of no where, he got in between the two of them and had grabbed Jon by the shoulder. "How dare you lay a hand on her!" he said dramatically as put his sword up to him.

"Unhand him please!" Evana said exasperated she pulled at his arm.

Damian looked over his shoulder to her. Jonathan was using his wind magic just to nudge the sword over a bit away from his nose.

Damian looked back at him a bit awkwardly and let him go. He cleared his throat sheathing his sword.

"Are you harmed my lady." He whispered,

"I'll be just fine." she said lowering her head as she remembered her lost veil.

"Are you sure?" he leaned in.

She nodded patiently.

Damian gave her his short cloak to put over her and watched Jon like a hawk.

She pulled the hood over her head as much as she could and put her cold, wet gloves on.

They got up to the castle to find a screaming match with her courtiers and the king and what looked like the mother of the king

They got up to the castle to find a screaming match with her courtiers and the king and what looked like the mother of the king.. Kera Archellion.

As Evana entered the room, everyone went silent.

Aaron bridged the gap he searched her eyes for a moment. He raised a hand to her face, to check she really was there. She took his hand in hers, as she met his gaze.

The conversation resumed with renewed intensity completely redirected to her with a surplus of questions.

Martha came to her and covered her ripped sleeve.