Chapter 1: Bella's Birthday

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

&@@@$&@@$$&@

I woke up for school today. It was Bella's birthday. I got her a hairpin. I thought she could change her hairstyle a bit. I could still remembered what had happen to me. I met Jasper who was a vampire. Then, I met his whole family who were vampires as well. Then I saw three nomad vampires and one tried to kill Bella and almost me too. So much had happen.

I got dressed and ready for the day. I put Bella's present in my new bag. Alice got it for me as a birthday present. I was starting my Junior year while the others are starting their Senior year. They would be graduating this year.

I still haven't mention anyone about the letter. I was extra careful around Edward though. I remembered that he was able to read my thoughts. I wondered what our Family's deepest secret was. Was it something good? Or Something bad?

Jasper came to the apartment to pick me up as usual. We drove to school and bumped into Alice on the way into the school. She told me that they were having a birthday party for Bella and I was invited to come. Of course, I would go.

We we walking down the stairs and Alice spotted Edward and Bella walking together through the hallway. "Bella!" Alice said and she jump over the rail like it was nothing. Jasper and I walked down the rest of the way and stood a couple feet away. Jasper had his arm around my waist. I searched through my bag for Bella's present.

"Happy Birthday," Alice said happily and gave Bella a hug. Bella tried to shush her for saying it out loud. Alice gave her a present. I found my present and walked towards Bella to give her the gift. "Happy Birthday," I whispered with a smile and gave her the present and walked back into Jasper's arm.

"I though I said no presents," Bella said. "I already seen you open it and guess what. You love it. You're going to wear it tonight. Our place," Alice said. Bella didn't know what to think. "Come on please. It'll be fun," Alice trying to convince her.

I looked up to see Jasper using his powers. I turned back to Bella. It worked. "Ok. I guess alright," Bella said in surrender. Alice smile grew. "Ok. I'll see you at seven," Alice said and walked off. Bella was thinking and realized what had happen.

"Jasper. No fair with the mood control thing," she said. I saw Jasper smile a bit. "Sorry Bella. Happy...," Jasper started until Bella looking at him. "Never mind," he finished and we walked away from them to get to our class.

Classes were fine. I found the classes way to easy for me. Some teachers thought that the classes weren't challenging enough for me. They told me that they would speak to the principal to see if I could be put into harder classes or take a more harder test to see what classes that I should be placed.

Classes were over for the day. I didn't have to go to work today so I had time to get ready for Bella's party. I got to the apartment and wore a dark maroon dress that only went a little above the knee. I also wore black high heal shoes. I used very light makeup and had my hair down.

Jasper picked me up. I was happy to see him. "Hello darlin'," he said. "Hi," I said and kissed him on the cheek. He gave me his arm and we walked to the car. He strapped me inside the car and made his way to the driver seat. He started the engine and we drove off to the house.

We made it to the house. Jasper came around the car and opened the door for me. He helped me out of the car and we walked up the stairs to the front door. He opened the door for me and we walked inside.

I loved the house. Over time, Jasper showed me every inch of the house. There was a portrait of three vampires and Carlisle in it. Jasper explained to me about the Volturi and the laws of the vampire. I didn't know that they had laws, but they do.

We walked to the living room. Esme and Carlisle saw us and came to us. "Hello Beverly," Esme said with a smile and gave me a hug. "Hi Esme," I said and returned the hug. I said hello to Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, and Carlisle. They treated me like family. I was very thankful for them.

The living room was decorated with flowers and candles. It really set the mood. Also, I saw a nice cake. I knew that they didn't eat, but I didn't know who was going to finish the cake. It could feed many people.

I didn't see Edward anywhere. {I guess he is with Bella.} Jasper had his arms around me and we waited for Bella and Edward to show up.