Foolish Games

***
3RD PERSON'S P.O.V.
***

PARK JIMIN :

"IN CASE YOU FAILED TO NOTICE, JUST IN CASE YOU FAILED TO SEE, YOU'RE BREAKING ME!  I'M TIRED OF BEING TREATED LIKE YOUR LAST THOUGHT ALL THE TIME! WE'RE DONE. DO ME A FAVOUR AND LOSE MY NUMBER. DON'T EVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. FUCK THIS JOKE OF A RELATIONSHIP AND FUCK YOU, WE'RE DONE AND I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU OR HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!" 

Jimin screamed at the person he'd once thought he loved as he slammed the door to their shared apartment, well, previously shared. He knew he wouldn't be coming back again. Not ever. Jimin didn't take anything but his bag with him containing a couple of school books and other things you'd usually find in a school bag as he stormed out into the rotten weather. 

Fleeing from the apartment the couple had shared for the last two years, Jimin felt the pain consuming his entire body; his chest was being squeezed in a vice that stopped him from catching his breath and his breaking heart feeling weighted down by the crushing reality of what had been going on for months, bruising and battering the organ so badly he felt he could never trust anyone or be whole again. He didn't realize how rotten the weather had become while they were arguing inside. 

Gut-wrenching sobs that fought to compare itself to the violence of the storm were wrecking his throat as they aggressively rip out, to be heard by anyone who happened to be outside in this dangerous, violent and tempestuous thunderstorm rumbled loudly across the skies as the sleet came in sharp and painful waves.

Though Jimin was fairly tall and had the body of a dancer, lithe and graceful in the way he moved and his endurance was exceptional, it proved to be a bad thing tonight because even with the sleet and hailstones bruising his body he managed to wander far enough away to end up in an area unfamiliar to him before his exhaustion hit. 

There was a construction zone nearby and a few skeletons which would eventually become houses Jimin supposed. In the construction area there was enough around that one might find shelter if they didn't care if they were trespassing - as long as it was out of the raging weather. The ebony haired male clumsily scaled one of the scaffold ladders and climbed in what could be a window - he didn't much care as long as he was out of the wet, he flinched as something fell off and landed with a loud metallic CRASH. Mustering up what was left of his energy he crawled to a corner of the room, curled up in a ball and wrapped freezing arms around his shaking frame trying not to cry again.

* * * * * * *

KIM NAMJOON :

"Yeah, I don't think this storm is gonna let up anytime soon. We'll be lucky to have any work at all the next few days. I'm going to have to call the crew that's at the job on Switchback Road and tell 'em they've got paid leave 'til we have the all clear from the Company." The pastel purple haired male speaks into the landline as he organizes the workload from the Company, Bulletproof Boys, which now had to be redistributed thanks to this huge storm that had blown in unexpectedly.

"Yeah. Yeah, hang on a sec, my mobile's got an alert. Yeah, SHIT, Jung - I gotta go. Something's up at the Switchback site. You don't have to com-- Yeah yeah, okay. Meet you there in twenty alright. Thanks man." Namjoon sighed and rubbed rough hands over tired eyes. The storm had woken him up just before midnight and when he'd checked the status of the storm he knew he'd have to call each of his crew first thing in the morning for a couple of his jobs since there was no way he would let them work in this. That was about three, almost four, hours ago. 

Yes, he was one hell of a hard-ass but he gave a shit about his teams and their safety was priority. It was unusual for any of the alarms to trigger an instant alert to his mobile phone but Namjoon figured it was the weather had messed with them and it would be a routine check and reset of the alarms. 

Namjoon wasn't ungrateful to Jung Hoseok though and as he pulled out of his garage into the storm he was more grateful that he would at least have someone there to watch out for him in this nasty weather. 'Hope this doesn't take too long, it's a miserable night to be out.' Namjoon thought to himself. Pulling up to the kerb he saw another car with its lights on and figured it was Hoseok. Namjoon pulled his raincoat hood over his head and jumped out of the car, dashing past the car and knocking on his drivers window, Hoseok was out in a second and they both sprinted to the sites' portable Office. 

Namjoon unlocked the door and both of them stepped inside getting the hell out of the storm. They greeted each other before surveying the site from the inside of the Office after turning the floodlights on. Namjoon noticed after a short while that Jung was staring out one particular window on the west side with a very focused look. "Boss?" He started, "I think there's someone out there 'cus the scaffolding over at that lot is busted at the bottom and it looks like there's some shit on the ground under it."

Namjoon hurriedly came over next to Hoseok and peered out the window as well, "No fucking way man, nobody in their right mind would be out in this weather. are you sure Hobi?" Concern and dismay laced his voice, "Yeah Joon, pretty sure that's a person. I've been trying to work it out for a couple minutes and I think I saw it move, man." Hoseok replied with worry. "Grab the torches. Put the kettle on, grab out a few towels and we'll go see if it's a person or just some teenagers who're playing a prank, yeah." 

"Stay here and follow me with the spotlight, I'm gonna check it out." Hoseok nodded  as he set up said spotlight to follow Namjoon as he ran to check everything out. Once they were set Namjoon opened the door, pulled his jacket hood back up and sprinted towards the lot with broken scaffolding, it was not hailing anymore but rain was still bucketing down and as Namjoon looked up he noticed that there was a bag half hanging off the edge of the second storey. He turned into the spotlight and signed towards Hoseok that he'd found something and would be going up the scaffolding to check it out. The spotlight flashed twice to let him know Hoseok got the message...

* * * * * * *