Parting

PREVIOUSLY: "Look, 'm sorry. I'll just... over there. I-I didn't... didn't want you to b-be uncomfortable. 'm sorry," I mumbled, not looking at him and trying to not let him hear the sobs which were trying to escape. Instead of sitting on the seat in between the beds, I climbed onto Jeongguk's bed and curled up. Burying my face into the soft purple blanket on Jeongguk's bed I kept fighting my tears. I lost the battle, completely. Tears filled and overflowed, burning their way out and tracking evidence down my cheeks, my breath hitching, traitorous sobs escaping - and exposing me. I was wrong. Jimin didn't care about me - not like I cared about him. The blond broke my heart. No - I broke my heart. I fucked up... I'd fallen head over heels in love with Park Jimin. And he didn't love me back.

*******

SONG/ARTIST: Killing Me by iKON

*******

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Jimin's eyes welled with his own tears as he watched Dongmyeong climb unsteadily onto his roommates bed and lay there; burying his face into the soft purple blanket with his back facing the blond, his shoulders shaking and trembling, the sobs being dragged from him as if it were torturing him to cry. Jimin couldn't understand what was wrong with Dongmyeong. The blond could understand he'd hurt the other by not speaking to him, 'but why is he crying?' Jimin pondered.

Jimin cleared his throat.

"Dongmyeong? Uh, are you crying?" the blond asked tentatively.

"No." His answer was short, pointed.

"But, you are. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm not." Short answers, he didn't want Jimin to know the reason he was crying, 'I was an idiot for thinking Jimin liked me before he left- if he felt the same way he wouldn't have left in the first place!' Or that he'd never stopped looking for the younger, or that he was an idiot for being in love with him, or both.

"You are. 'Myeo-"

"Don't." Dongmyeong interrupted. "Don't call me that."

Jimin was confused. Why couldn't he call him Myeong? Why wouldn't his hyung tell him what was wrong?

"Maybe if you tell me I can help, I mean, it's not like I'm doing anything else until Kookie gets back anyways." The blond offered innocently.

"Second choice. A-again. I always was. Ju-ust... le-eave me a-alone, Park. Obviously you w-want nothing to d-do w-wi-with me, so ju-just d-don't. Le-leave me be!" Dongmyeong stuttered, cursing that his speech impediment came back when he was overly emotional or stressed. He hated it. Very few people knew about it. And Jimin knew it too, now, though the younger may never have known about it if he'd cared enough to have stuck around.

" 'Mye- uh, Hyung. What's wrong? Something is because you didn't used to stutter. Talk to me. Please? We were friends, right?"

Dongmyeong snorted. "W-were. Used to be. Then you f-found something or someone better, ob-obviously better th-than me, so j-just fuck off and le-eave me be!" The elder cried out, upset that after Jimin practically said he didn't want to be around Dongmyeong, but he then wouldn't stop bugging him and asking what's wrong.

"What do you mean?" Jimin was very confused. He didn't link his friend's behaviour to his own disappearance two years ago, it simply didn't connect for him.