Chapter 1

Vanessa P.O.V.

“All I want for Christmas is yoooooouuuuuu Baaaabyyy!” I was listening and singalong to the melody of Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas” coming through my IPod while I was decorating my flat with Christmas stuff. I still couldn’t believe, it’s just one day away till the first of December. I was just so excited for Christmas this year. Unfortunately I haven’t finished my wish list for my Mom. Though I was not living with her, she wanted me to make this list. It would be my first Christmas in my own flat, but she wanted me to spend Christmas Eve at home with the family. Last year I graduated and since I found a job a few months ago I decided to move into an own flat. My mom was pretty upset first she found out, but after a while she was glad about me doing this step by my own. “My little girl is growing up” she always said with a lot of tears in her eyes. 

Finishing with decorating I just sat in front of my list again. All I wanted for Christmas were either too expensive or you couldn’t buy them with money. I was a huge fan of the UK-boyband 'The Wanted'. All of my family members knew that. But no one knew that I had this secret crush on Nathan from the beginning. I heard a few months ago, that they were planning on going on a World Tour next year. Now the tour dates came out and I screamed when I saw, that they were planning a concert here in Manchester in May. Because my parents didn’t have that much money I couldn’t ask them to buy me this VIP-Ticket I wanted so much. And the other thing I liked to have was just a meeting with the boys. That was all I want for Christmas this year! So what else could I write on this stupid list?!

Suddenly the door rang. I went to the door, looking through my spyhole and began to smile. I opened the door and saw Alex, my boyfriend, standing there with a bunch of red roses in his hands, my favourites. We were dating since 3 years and been in a relationship since 2 years. He was 3 years older than me but I didn’t care about that. I hugged him and then kissed him.

“Thanks Alex! They are beautiful!” I said.

“Not as beautiful as you are” I heard him replying. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer and red.

“Oohh, you’re such a good boyfriend. I love you! C’mon in. I just finished decorating for Christmas. Thanks by coming so late. You could have helped me by the way” I smirked at him and he was just doing the same thing. He always knew what I was thinking or just about to say.

“I know, but I wanted to see how it looks when you are decorating by yourself and I have to say that you’ve done a great job, hun”. We went into the kitchen and I was just about making tea for us when he found my wish list, “What is that?” he asked.

“Nothing, just my wish list for Christmas. My mom wanted me to make one. Oh by the way. You are invited to come over on Christmas Eve. We are spending this day with my family, if that’s okay with you.”

“Sure” he answered, “my family isn’t coming back before holidays are over”. His parents used to travel to any place they want every year over the Christmas holidays. They wanted to have special memories on these days. Blabla.

“So. What are we doing tonight?” I asked him and just as I thought he answered, “Being with you.” and I saw the same smirky smile on his lips like before, what I loved so much about him. I leaned forward to him and gave him a kiss.

After a while discussing what we were going to do we sat into the living room and started watching “Miracle on 34th Street”, my favourite Christmas movie. Because it was pretty late and I was so tired of decorating the flat I fell asleep at the half of the movie. 

Alex P.O.V.

I was watching Nessa sleeping for a while. She was so beautiful. I really loved her. Since I first saw here in this book store 3 years ago I fell for her. She was all for me! That’s why I was going to give her a special Christmas gift this year – an engagement ring. I wanted to be together with her forever! I hoped she won’t say no. That would pull my heart out. But I wanted to give it a shot. Next week I’m going to pick out the ring with Logan, my best mate and later also my best man. Hoped he really could help me. I was so scared. I will ask her in front of her family on Christmas Eve. What if they didn’t want that? Should I ask them before? Should I ask Nessa before we are going over to her parents?... Questions over questions... Guess I should talk to Logan when we’ll buy the ring. He probably could help... Probably!