Chapter 8

Vanessa P.O.V.

I was just about getting ready for the date with Nathan. Yesterday in the evening I had more feelings when I was with Alex nevertheless. He knew me already and knew what I liked the most. I could describe that evening in just one word: perfect. The dinner, the massage and then this awesome spontaneous bath. It was just an incredible evening. I didn’t tell Ashley or Taylor about this date with Nathan today. They shouldn’t know too much I figured out. 

The date was again pretty great. We laughed as much as we did yesterday. When I was with Nathan all the worries went away. I enjoyed spending time with him. It was different with him as with Alex. He is different than Alex, but though a good guy. 

When we were just about to leave he said,

“Thanks for meeting me again. It was a perfect date again. I wanted to meet you again because I wanted to do something since I first saw you.” I kind of knew what he was talking to me and before I could answer I felt his lips on mine. I enjoyed it but had that sad feeling in me. I decided to push him away.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to rush you into something.” 

Nathan P.O.V.

I went too far. I knew it. I had to wait. But I couldn’t wait any longer.  I had to kiss her.

“No, it’s ok. It’s me you know. I want to, but I can’t. I’m sorry.” She ran away after that sentence, faster as I thought a girl could run. She had tears in her eyes before she turned. Have I done something wrong by kissing her? I felt sorry for that. So sorry. How could I make it good again? Should I call her or text her? That was definitely not the ending I had imagined yesterday in bed when texting her! I felt a tear coming out of my eye.

Vanessa P.O.V.

I ran to this place in the park where there was nature all around you. I cried that much now I couldn’t even stop. What happened right there? I wanted to kiss him but I couldn’t do it. A date was not cheating, but a kiss was cheating in my opinion. And I thought that Alex would felt the same. I didn’t want to lose him. He was all for me. How could I be so stupid to go there again? I kind of felt that something like that would happen. I was so stupid by going there. I had to talk to Alex. He had to know the truth though it could be possible that he didn’t want me to see me anymore. But I didn’t know if I should do that now. I thought I have to think about everything first and then I could talk to him.

On 10th of Christmas, four days after the last date with Nathan, I received a new text of Nathan. After what happened at our last date I kind of figured out my feelings – for him and Alex. I loved Alex so much, but I thought I could fall in love with Nathan too. Anyway, the text said,

Nessa, I’m so sorry what happened that day. Can we meet today, at 3pm at the coffee shop again? I go there with friends and want to introduce you to them. I think I should explain something important to you. You can bring your friends to, if you like that? Then it won’t be so private and embarrassed and maybe easier to see each other. Nathan

I didn’t really know if I should reply, then figured that I should and answered,

I’ll come with 2 friends. See you later. I have to explain something to you too, I think.

I called Ashley and Taylor and told them about that. They loved that and me for asking them to come. They were as excited as I thought they would be. They just had to get ready, than we were meeting at the coffee shop, because it was almost 2:30 again. How fast time was passing. It was 10th of December already. Only two more weeks left for Christmas. I still had to find a gift for Alex. I thought about that a lot in the last days. But I still haven’t found the perfect gift. I was actually pretty surprised of him for not asking me what I want from him. Since we were dating he asked every year. But not this year. Guess he found the perfect gift for me already by himself. I was proud of him. And I was getting more and more dissatisfied for not finding one for him. I had to go to this great store he always gone into. Maybe I could find something there. 

Ashley, Taylor and I were entering the coffee shop when I saw Nathan with 4 other boys sitting on our table. Though the table was pretty small I guessed we could get another table right next to the other so we all had enough space. When he saw me he smiled and came over to me and gave me a kiss onto my left cheek, a little shy but it was fine with me.

Nathan P.O.V.

Max and Tom were just talking about something stupid, as always, as the door was opened by a blonde girl, followed by two others. The last one was Nessa. My heart jumped when I saw her. But I had to be a little less emotional to her for not scaring her again. I went over to her and during I said “Hi” I kissed her onto her cheek.

“Hey Nathan.” she replied. Nicely, but not like she would run away soon again.

“Come over. May I introduce you to my friends? This one is Tom, Max, Siva and the one with the curls over there is Jay.”

“Nice meeting you all. These are my best friends. This is Ashley and this is Taylor.” They seemed a little bit younger than Nessa. But nevertheless they seemed very nice and – again for no reason – pretty nervous about something. Did they all know us already? I had to ask Nessa later!

Vanessa P.O.V.

Like always, the date was great. We all laughed and had a great time. The other lads of the Wanted were as nice as Nathan was from the beginning. I enjoyed the time very much and I was so glad that Ash and Taylor were here with me. I sometimes gazed over to them and had to say, that they enjoyed it more than I did. I had too many things going around in my head. But I had to smile when seeing them so happy. They deserved that. 

When everyone put on their coats Nathan helped me with mine and whispered softly into my ear,

“Meet me in 10 minutes outside again, please. I have to talk to you.”