Chapter 5

Vanessa P.O.V.

The meeting was going pretty well. We were talking about so many things. About the tea we ordered, about tea in general, books, our hobbies and lots more. We laughed pretty much and had a great time. Sometimes I glanced over at Ash’s and Taylor’s desk, but they didn’t saw that. I hoped that they were listening.

After a while someone was walking over to our desk. I didn’t know her. She had ..., long hair. The ends of her hair were looking out of her hat. She had a brown coat on and black boots. 

“Hey Naaath, didn’t expect to see you here.” Nathan looked very shocked, then he stood up and my mood was just going down when seeing he knew her. They seemed so familiar. 

“Hi Abi, nice seeing you. Neither did I.” So her name was Abi. I knew that I hated that girl so far now.

“May I introduce you Abi, this is Nessa, a... well... a friend of mine.” She looked at me, I thought that I maybe should stand up and shake her hand. But I just gave her my hand to shake.

“Hi, nice meeting you Abi.” I tried to smile and act nicely. She answered the same and shook my hand.

After a few seconds of silence Nathan told me, “Abi is the sister of .. a friend of mine. His name is Tom.” Tom! I recognized that he didn’t want to talk about his band. Is he embarrassed or just didn’t want someone to know so they could know him and not the guy of the band? I think the last one was true.

“Ah, I see.”

“Well, nice seeing you again. Say Tom that he should call me back. He didn’t answer my calls since yesterday morning. I need to talk to him.” she said to Nathan. I still didn’t like her. She had that gaze on Nathan. Maybe there was something between them in past. Didn’t know. But they seemed veeery familiar with each other. And I definitely didn’t like that!

“I’ll tell him. See you, bye!”

“Bye Nath, and bye Nessa. Pleasure meeting you.” She waved at me and I said “Bye.” in an neutral tone.

“Sorry for this interrupting. Didn’t expect to see her here. We haven’t seen for quite a while now.” He tried to explain. Glad that she didn’t stay very long. Guess my girls would have loads of questions now. I wasn’t so sure if I did the right thing by letting them spy on us...

“No problem. She seemed nice.” 

“Yeah, she is.”

After an hour or so we were just about saying goodbye to each other. Should I ask for seeing each other once more? Or should I wait for him to ask? It was weird but today I wasn’t nervous about meeting with a celeb, I was just nervous about meeting a boy, someone different than Alex. And I kind of enjoyed this feeling. Was I a bad girlfriend because of that? In my opinion: yes, DEFINITELEY!

Alex P.O.V.

Nessa went out with Ashley and Taylor. So I could easily go to her parents to ask for their daughter’s hand in marriage. Logan was right. I should ask them before. And because I couldn’t wait any longer I wanted to do that as soon as possible. 

I went over at their house and rang the doorbell. Nessa’s mom opened the door.

She smiled when she saw me.

“Hey, dear. Come on in. It is freezing outside.” When I was inside she asked for my coat and then she hugged me. We went into the living room where Nessa’s father sat. 

“Hi, James.” I had the permission to talk to them with their first name. He replied, just gazing one second over the paper.  I called Nessa’s mom before, so they would know that I would come and that they really be at home. I had to breathe a little because I was so nervous now. With every second talking about the weather or something I went more nervous.

“So, what do you want to talk about with us?” Nessa’s mom, Shannon, asked.

“Well. I’ve been thinking about Nessa a lot in the last time. We know each other since 3 years.  We are in a relationship since 2 years. Sometimes we are able to finish our sentences. I... Well I really love your daughter.” I had to pause because my mouth was so dry now.

“We know that. When we see you and Vanny we always see the definition of perfect love. That’s what love is all about. Loving and caring about the other.” Shannon said. Now my nervousness went a little bit away. It was like I could breathe a little bit more.

“I’m glad that you are seeing this the same way as I do. Well, I haven’t moved in yet with Nessa but just because it’s her first flat and she didn’t offer it to me and I didn’t want to ask that now. But... I thought about that very often and carefully.” I took my bag and took out that little box with the ring in it. Shannon hadn’t even seen what I wanted to show when she crossed her hands over her heart and screamed “Oh my goodness. Is this true?” She knew! That was the time James put the paper down.

“What do you want to say, son? Are you going to ask for Vanny’s hand in marriage?” Then they saw the box and Shannon screamed even more like before. 

“So it is true?” it came out of her mouth, her eyes filling with tears.

“Well.. Yes. It is. I want to propose to her on Christmas Eve. It’s my Christmas gift to her.” I tried to smile, but I was so nervous that I didn’t know if it really looked like a smile.

“You are such a great boyfriend, Alex. Do you know that? We are on your side. Of course you can propose to her. No boyfriend had ever made her so happy. I’m so happy about that.” Shannon cried more than ever now. She took me into her hands and hugged me. James just gave me a good hand shake.

“Thank you so much. I wanted to ask you first. I’m kind of traditional and old-fashioned when it comes to marriage.”

“That’s good. I was like you too. When I asked for Shannon’s hand in marriage I was just as nervous as you were. I knew when I saw you that you will ask us today. Congratulations Alex.”

I felt sooo much better now. I was so glad that they took that so easily. The one thing I was just caring about was proposing to Nessa. Luckily her parents liked the ring either. They said that it was just Nessa’s style. I hoped that they are right, but who else knew her as good as her parents? I heard a voice inside me saying “You!” and I had to smile a little. Christmas Eve could come!